Fedex Purple Runway (Empire/MAC)

My route is less than two hours round trip, and I like that very much; but if you want hours, we have that option. I think BUF-IND is available and it will get you 4+ hours/day. I haven't done the Miami route but I've been told it will get you close to 30 hours a week. IND has a 5.5+ hr/day run; MEM-CHS will get you over 6hr/day. I could go on. Yes, you are correct that lot of routes are short, but if what you want is hours, you can make that happen.

Seems like they got away with the floater positions on ATR and C208. How is bag working out for them?

Also, the Part Time position they posted few months are no longer available.

Seems like they got away with the floater positions on ATR and C208. How is bag working out for them?

Do you mean that they got rid of postings for floater positions? Since the majority of pilots is made up of floaters, that would be a pretty radical change. Where are you looking at this?

We did not do away with floater positions on either the ATR or the 208.

Do you mean that they got rid of postings for floater positions? Since the majority of pilots is made up of floaters, that would be a pretty radical change. Where are you looking at this?

On the website in careers sections. No more postings for floater positions. I know they are going through a lot of changes right now and it’s hard to get in touch with Hillary and/or the CP.

We did not do away with floater positions on either the ATR or the 208.

There is a former United CA that recently started few months ago he was able get my resume in and they told him that they are not hiring floaters Anymore. I originally applied for the KEWR based run(2 based runs) that they have and if I couldn’t get that one for somewhere reason I told them I am interested in the floater positions as well.

Also, the part time positions are no longer advertised. I’m assuming they all got filled up.
part time KEWR ATR floater would have been a seeet gig.

It seems pretty crazy that they would pull down the ads but stupider things have been done. If they did actually hire that many people, don't worry, many will leave when they realize they aren't getting what they bargained for.

Peak season is around the corner.

I can smell the cancellations from here. And good. FEDEX and their feeders have dug this grave for themselves. Too many floaters have garbage schedules and the pay is crap for what we put up with.

I am forming my exit strategy.

Hopefully they can give the C208 guys a 3/1 rotation and increase starting pay to keep morale and staffing levels up. Overall I'm enjoying my time thus far at MAC. Of course I'm still a freight puppy. :)

Hopefully they can give the C208 guys a 3/1 rotation and increase starting pay to keep morale and staffing levels up. Overall I'm enjoying my time thus far at MAC. Of course I'm still a freight puppy. :)

I’m going to the ATR soon because of the schedule change. 3/1 is way better than the raw deal FO’s used to get. It used to be every 6th week off for them. I said I’d never transition to the ATR unless they fixed the schedule. Luckily they did.

I’m going to the ATR soon because of the schedule change. 3/1 is way better than the raw deal FO’s used to get. It used to be every 6th week off for them. I said I’d never transition to the ATR unless they fixed the schedule. Luckily they did.
Congrats. I plan to fly the Van for a while before I switch over to the ATR. If I can get the EWR base for the C208 I will probably stick around longer on the van. That has to be the best run in the whole system in terms of schedule and days off. Plus can't beat living within 20 minutes from base.

Congrats. I plan to fly the Van for a while before I switch over to the ATR. If I can get the EWR base for the C208 I will probably stick around longer on the van. That has to be the best run in the whole system in terms of schedule and days off. Plus can't beat living within 20 minutes from base.
^^

or you can stay caravan for life if they increase the pay to 60k

Truw
Dude is that a joke? First of all I think the Caravan pay should already be greater than 60k........and besides that, who would want to fly nothing but a Caravan their entire career? How boring and unimaginative.

true...

You would be surprised that there are pilots that love the short flights out and back who happen to live in base. I’m sure you can find lifers at some of these feeders including MAC.

Truw

true...

You would be surprised that there are pilots that love the short flights out and back who happen to live in base. I’m sure you can find lifers at some of these feeders including MAC.

Yeah I know a few lifers myself. I cover their crap Saturday runs when they take their bazillion weeks of vacation.

Shoot me if I ever get to that point.....or better yet, I’ll do it myself.

Welp. You're on record now!

Enjoy the ATR, it would be cool for you if you get to see some of the new ones. Curious, is the 3/1 FO schedule for floaters only or based pilots as well? Because in some bases that would be easier than retirement...

3/1 is only for floaters as far as I know. I think the new ATR 42/72-600s are coming in 2020, so I might still be here when they arrive. My plan is to get enough 121 time to at least be somewhat competitive for an LCC or similar, and then move on. I'm not making a lateral move to a regional from the ATR.

Back