Fedex Purple Runway (Empire/MAC)

For anyway reading this about the Purple Runway, this quote will tell you everything you need to know!

Haha, the purple runway thing is a golden carrot 99% of people will never see through to its end. Sorry, but if Southwest offers me a job I’m not staying an extra two years on the ATR and hope the whole purple runway thing pans out.

Haha, the purple runway thing is a golden carrot 99% of people will never see through to its end. Sorry, but if Southwest offers me a job I’m not staying an extra two years on the ATR and hope the whole purple runway thing pans out.
Exactly! The ideal purple runway program in my book has FedEx taking over its feeders ops so that we all become one big happy family! :biggrin:

Lateral move to the regionals? You may want to explore why so many ATR guys are leaving and flowing to Gojet using the MAC/GoJet flow program instead of the purple runway.

Fast Track to GoJet
Good Lord, why would they ever want to do that unless they're masochists lol and even then, wouldn't they rather take the abuse from someone they already know well instead of someone new? :biggrin:

Lateral move to the regionals? You may want to explore why so many ATR guys are leaving and flowing to Gojet using the MAC/GoJet flow program instead of the purple runway.

Fast Track to GoJet

Hahahaha, that’s hilarious.

You’re right, a move to the regionals isn’t a lateral move, it’s a downward move. Especially GoJet.

So many questions I have.

His post reads like a recruiter from GoJet. I know of literally zero ATR pilots that have gone to GoJet.

Let me ask you this, if you have say 6000 hours of total time, and 2000 of that is ATR, why in the hell would you go to GoJet? Or ANY regional?

You wouldn’t. Even if you don’t get hired by a Major or LCC, there are infinitely better opportunities than a crummy regional.

Only butt hurt regional pilots disagree.

Why are they leaving the ATR?

Pay, schedule, flight hours, MX ?

On the FO side, it used to be the schedules. Captains on the ATR (floaters) get every 4th week off while FOs only got every 6th week. Some ATR runs require traveling a Sunday evening instead of Monday, and when your weekends are consistently shortened 5 weeks in a row, you get burned out quickly.

Now FOs are on the same 3/1 schedule as Captains and it is helping with staffing. I start training on the ATR in a couple months so if you have questions you can PM me.

There are a few people in this thread commenting on MAC without knowing anything or without having worked here. I’ve been here almost 4 years so I can dispell any myths that may be out there.

His post reads like a recruiter from GoJet. I know of literally zero ATR pilots that have gone to GoJet.

Let me ask you this, if you have say 6000 hours of total time, and 2000 of that is ATR, why in the hell would you go to GoJet? Or ANY regional?

You wouldn’t. Even if you don’t get hired by a Major or LCC, there are infinitely better opportunities than a crummy regional.

Only butt hurt regional pilots disagree.

There has been 5 ATR guys who “flowed” to gojet since April. Go talk to one of your part 121 atr co workers during the sort and ask them some of those same questions

Last edited:
There are a few people in this thread commenting on MAC without knowing anything or without having worked here. I’ve been here almost 4 years so I can dispell any myths that may be out there.

The new First officer schedule doesn’t start until January. It’s still 5 on 1 off through peak.

I know of at least two. And you guys are right, it's a lateral move at best, backwards at worst. It just goes to show how eager some were to get away from MAC. The culture has been to treat pilots very poorly, especially those that have been with the company for a long time. Driving away pilots in a time like this wouldn't be my first choice as a business strategy, but MAC is banking on being able to sucker in droves of fresh ATP's to keep the airplanes flying, all of course contingent upon the purple carrot-on-a-stick.

Don't get me wrong, there are times when you choose a job based on a number of factors, knowing it's not going to be a bed of roses, and I'm sure @Apophis has already developed a near immunity to BS, because that is what's required at shops like MAC. So if you guys decide to go for it, fine, but don't get caught on your heels with bait-and-switch stuff. If you take the job because it offers good QOL for your particular situation, great, just never forget that they will throw whatever it was that made the job nice out the window in the blink of an eye.

Last edited:
There has been 5 ATR guys who “flowed” to gojet since April. Go talk to one of your part 121 atr co workers during the sort and ask them some of those same questions

Why would you even need to “flow” to GoJet anyway. GoJet is a bottom feeder that will hire anybody with 1500 hours and a heartbeat. Just like most regionals these days.

I’m not a cheerleader for MAC by any stretch, trust me. But I have a bridge to sell you if you think GoJet is any better.

I won’t be finished with training until after peak. So your point is invalid.

Dude no need to get angry. You said the scheudle was 3/1. I was pointing out it doesn’t start until January and it’s 5/1 now.

Best of luck

Edit; nibake first paragraph explains a lot!

Last edited:
I know of at least two. And you guys are right, it's a lateral move at best, backwards at worst. It just goes to show how eager some were to get away from MAC. The culture has been to treat pilots very poorly, especially those that have been with the company for a long time. Driving away pilots in a time like this wouldn't be my first choice as a business strategy, but MAC is banking on being able to sucker in droves of fresh ATP's to keep the airplanes flying, all of course contingent upon the purple carrot-on-a-stick.

Don't get me wrong, there are times when you choose a job based on a number of factors, knowing it's not going to be a bed of roses, and I'm sure @Apophis has already developed a near immunity to BS, because that is what's required at shops like MAC. So if you guys decide to go for it, fine, but don't get caught on your heels with bait-and-switch stuff. If you take the job because it offers good QOL for your particular situation, great, just never forget that they will throw whatever it was that made the job nice out the window in the blink of an eye.

Exactly. I’m still at MAC because the schedule is easy and I’m getting a lot of time at home. 3/1 on the ATR should also keep me here long enough to move on. That being said, I know how this company has acted in the past, and it wouldn’t surprise me if they try to change things after the fact.

Luckily I’m very fortunate as MAC needs me more than I need them. I don’t need to stay at MAC to keep from starving as both my wife and I are very well off financially. The very second my bucket of poop gets heavier than my bucket of sunshine and rainbows, I’ll leave MAC in an instant. Forget about about two weeks notice, two hours notice is more like it.

Are employees happy with the new CEO and his implemented changes?

He did raise the ATR FO pay. Also heard through he say/she say that the ATR route to KEWR are canceled?
Any truth to this? If so, why?

He did raise the ATR FO pay. Also heard through he say/she say that the ATR route to KEWR are canceled?

The atr’s were out of ewr 8/31. The BUF/ewr and SYR/ewr ATRs have been replaced by one 757. Volume growth from Buf/syr is the reason. FedEx decision due to market demand

The new mainline 757 goes Buf-syr-ewr and back

Last edited:

Yeah, he raised ATR pay to be equal to the yearly equivalent Caravan captain pay. It only affects new hires. If you were already a Caravan captain and went to the ATR, you would have kept your Caravan captain pay.

So basically he didn’t do anything. No, I’m not happy with him at all. He is only doing just enough to ensure flights don’t get cancelled and that he still gets his performance/reliability bonuses.

I hope the shortage hits him where it hurts.

Back