My side of the story (Falcon F/O)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds to me like a lot of you are just super excited to experience the first strike of your era and start "officially" throwing around the SCAB label. Congrats to all of you on the experience.

Sounds to me like a lot of you are just super excited to experience the first strike of your era and start "officially" throwing around the SCAB label. Congrats to all of you on the experience.

It's not a light label to throw around.

We're in the 21st century, we don't witch hunt.... facts speak for themselves.

And much like a criminal who is remorseful, this Falcon FO is. But as the criminal remains a criminal, this Falcon FO remains a Scab.

Fact is, he crossed a picket line. That's it. Simple.

The link does not work. Neither in firefox nor internet explorer.

You have an account with AOL Instant Messenger (AIM)? If not, download AIM and create one. It's absolutely free. We JCers use AIM chat rooms to discuss things real-time instead of posting on a board.

[modhat]The AIM chat is not an official jetcareers-sanctioned "thing". Just as an FYI... [/modhat]

Those of you wanting him to go to the chat room, keep in mind that not everyone has an AIM chat account, nor does everyone want one.

You have an account with AOL Instant Messenger (AIM)? If not, download AIM and create one. It's absolutely free. We JCers use AIM chat rooms to discuss things real-time instead of posting on a board.

I don't have an AIM account. If you don't mind, I'll pass. I have been behind the computer quite a while and am quite tired. Besides I have had enough flaming for the day. To now volunteer to do that by audio the public flogging will start to look more like masochism. If you want to mail me privately then use facebook. If you were a Spirit pilot who wanted an honest chat with me, that would be different. I'll have to make amends with them, I cannot start chatting with the whole aviation community, because there would be no end to it. Besides, that's what I use this forum is for.

Has anyone vetted this guy? Going back to Polars post about his time at CHQ. Just curious.

Has anyone vetted this guy? Going back to Polars post about his time at CHQ. Just curious.

Yes, I was hired in CHQ in 2000 but washed out in the training. If you think that that gave an understanding of unions, then you are mistaken. I was far to busy drinking from the fire-hose... Anyway, it was a terrible experience. The check airman and his buddy my instructor gave me a check ride in the actual airplane (Saab 340A) in Pittsburgh. The maneuvers included doing approach to landing stalls in icing conditions at night in the clouds to the point where the landing gear was frozen stuck in the extended postion. I didn't do to well in that situation. Besides, I had no experience with ice anyway. And so that was the end of it. It was the first of several very frustrating experiences in my "career".

Yes, I was hired in CHQ in 2000 but washed out in the training. If you think that that gave an understanding of unions, then you are mistaken. I was far to busy drinking from the fire-hose... Anyway, it was a terrible experience. The check airman and his buddy my instructor gave me a check ride in the actual airplane (Saab 340A) in Pittsburgh. The maneuvers included doing approach to landing stalls in icing conditions at night in the clouds to the point where the landing gear was frozen stuck in the extended postion. I didn't do to well in that situation. I had no experience with ice. And so that was the end of it. It was the first of several frustrating experiences in my "career".
I appreciate you coming by, and enduring some of this...you didn't have to do it.

I know you have a lot of soul searching to do, and when you knowingly flew after realizing that was a Spirit flight you did put yourself in this position.

Try to be completely honest and contrite and that will go a lot further than trying to make excuses.

Onno,

I noticed that you and I had a mutual friend on Facebook. I'll leave out his name, as I'm sure you'll figure it out.

He left a comment to you about training at Chautauqua.

Now, as I kept the Seniority list for a number of years when Chautauqua was a small company, I sure don't remember your name jumping out.

I'd like you to expand on this individual's comment about you two training together at Chautauqua. Whether you completed it or not is inconsequential, but I'd like to know if you did indeed train there. If so, did you, at any point, receive any union literature from the IBT?

There are few acts in life that can not be undone. Scabbing is one of them.
Yeah rape and murder, everything else you can make amends for.

They were doing rides in the plane in 2000 at CHQ?

Can Martin back this up?

Yes, there were a couple because the FlightSafety sim in KSAT broke. They send me home and told me to finish me up in the airplane. I waited 4 weeks for the first call and had 1 hour of instruction in Pittsburgh. 5 weeks later they suddenly called me that I had a checkride the next day. So I had to do my checkride in the actual airplane in Pittsburgh with 1 hour of training over a 9 week period.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back