ATP before becoming a regional first officer?

What I'm wondering is how people are going to get the required 500 cross country hours. Even as a CFI you're not usually dealing with too much cross country flying.

I think I hit 500 X-country hours at 1900ishtt. You dont HAVE to take an ATP checkride at 1500 hours. My guess is that when the airline do start hiring again most applicants will have 2500+TT anyways.

Wow. a lot has been missed. This is just bring the govt into the industry even more. A bill written under the premise of "safety". They use the buffalo crash as the reason for the bill. You can redily find the age name and salary of the fo on the flight. Where the capts info. Yes he did have an ATP. So was the crashed caused by how much someone was paid.
This bill written by politicians are so ignorant of aviation it should make every pilot angry. Besides and easily forseable pilot shortage after a decade of attrition. The prices of tickets will skyrocket and fewer flights.

Here is the question: Should the politicians voting for this bill be held criminaly responcible?
-Economics-People who regularly travel by air (the safest mode) now cannot afford the tickets. They drive a car on the highways (astronimically higher death rate) crash and die.
1000's of other factors being left out too.
I am disgusted...

Wow. a lot has been missed. This is just bring the govt into the industry even more. A bill written under the premise of "safety". They use the buffalo crash as the reason for the bill. You can redily find the age name and salary of the fo on the flight. Where the capts info. Yes he did have an ATP. So was the crashed caused by how much someone was paid.
This bill written by politicians are so ignorant of aviation it should make every pilot angry. Besides and easily forseable pilot shortage after a decade of attrition. The prices of tickets will skyrocket and fewer flights.

Here is the question: Should the politicians voting for this bill be held criminaly responcible?
-Economics-People who regularly travel by air (the safest mode) now cannot afford the tickets. They drive a car on the highways (astronimically higher death rate) crash and die.
I am disgusted...

When do you get your instrument rating?

esa17, you are obviously a with little to no education. csel cmel INST cfi cfii mei. have about 500 over atp requirements.
try something new, read a book. I recomend, applied economics, thinking beyond stage one. by thomas sowell.
so you definately don't have a college education

I am disgusted...

Uhh, not trying to pick a fight or anything, but I never went to college and can certainly spell and construct sentences better than this. This does nothing for your argument of little to no education.

Remove that log from your eye man!

What I'm wondering is how people are going to get the required 500 cross country hours. Even as a CFI you're not usually dealing with too much cross country flying.
Can't you count flights from one airport to another as cross countries towards your ATP regardless of distance? For example can't you consider a 9nm flight from LOU to JVY as a cross country in that case?

Can't you count flights from one airport to another as cross countries towards your ATP regardless of distance? For example can't you consider a 9nm flight from LOU to JVY as a cross country in that case?

I believe it has to be 50nm or better to count towards your ATP and point to point towards 135 mins.

So the solutions simple. Make it to 135 mins and work towards your ATP from there (where most of the flights are more than 50nm) if you don't want to instruct the whole way.

No, for ATP the fight must be over 50nm, however you do not have to land. The 'point to point' as you described counts for 135.

Yeah, my sentence structure may be bad, but I am so freaking pissed that i don't care. Plus I am going back and forth from my closet liberal congressman doug lamborn. Any politician who voted for this is a liberal. More govt control means less american freedoms.

Yeah, my sentence structure may be bad, but I am so freaking pissed that i don't care. Plus I am going back and forth from my closet liberal congressman doug lamborn. Any politician who voted for this is a liberal. More govt control means less american freedoms.

:pop:

I guess ensuring air safety is now a liberal position? Sorry you can't fly a shiny jet at 250-hours now - but I care more about my safety in the back then your careers aspirations up front.

*Just saw that you have more hours than that - which makes it even more puzzling. Do you consider laws that prevent companies from dumping chemicals in the water you and I drink to be "liberal" too? Or how about laws against drunk driving, murder, etc. etc.

Uhh, not trying to pick a fight or anything, but I never went to college and can certainly spell and construct sentences better than this. This does nothing for your argument of little to no education.

Remove that log from your eye man!

It never amazes how few people, most of whom are college educated, cannot use anything close to proper English. Simple things like punctuation, use of the words "two," "too," and "to" or "they're," "there," and "their."

Some of the emails I get just blow my mind, seriously.

It never amazes how few people, most of whom are college educated, cannot use anything close to proper English. Simple things like punctuation, use of the words "two," "too," and "to" or "they're," "there," and "their."

Some of the emails I get just blow my mind, seriously.
Wat u b talkin bout foo? Dis how we talk in da hood, yo. F'rizzle.

-mini

No, for ATP the fight must be over 50nm, however you do not have to land. The 'point to point' as you described counts for 135.
Ahh, I thought I was getting mixed up somewhere.

Wat u b talkin bout foo? Dis how we talk in da hood, yo. F'rizzle.

-mini
W3rd to yo mutha!

To+too and you're/your I can see getting mixed up once or twice just out of typing absent mindedly, but all the time?

:crazy:

Yeah, my sentence structure may be bad...More govt control means less american freedoms.

Fewer American freedoms, maybe? Not just sentence structure. Grammar, cohesion, er, coherence...

It's good that you went to college. Now maybe you should go back.

2 bachelors and you are right I should and would love to go back to college. ASU alum, put me back on that campus and I would be the dirty old man.
however, nobody requires you to fly on any specific airline. If you feel an airline is unsafe for you and your family, don't fly it. But don't fill yourself with a false sence of safety. Don't let the govt come in a regulate private industry. This bill passed the house under the theory of safety. Yes, bare with me, I am a CFI and safety is the key point in all lessons. But it is the idea of properly managing situations and mitigate the risk of flight.
The companies had the right to choose between the ATP pilot who has 1500 hrs in a c152 with the bare mins on xcountry and ifr, vs. the 135 alaskan freight dog with only 1000hrs. Personally, i am taking the freight dog. But now, the govt has regulated the companies not to hire from experience but from a number.
And can someone answer me one thing. This is all based on the buffalo crash. Who was the fp that night?

And can someone answer me one thing. This is all based on the buffalo crash. Who was the fp that night?

The flying pilot that night was a dude who had about 300 hour doing something OTHER than sitting in a controlled airline environment. A guy who may have never seen a "real" stall outside of his student pilot days, and a guy who had very little experience outside of highly structured 121 training programs.

To say that that crash wouldn't have happened if the flying pilot had spent some time (ie 300 to 1500 hours) doing other stuff may or may not be true, but there is a much higher likelihood that 1200 hours of CFI/Pipeline Patrol/Banner Tow/135 freight would have opened his eyes to areas a lot closer to the edge of the envelope.

Back