Norwegian Hiring 787/777 FO's FLL

My recruiter buddy talked to guy that flew BOS to BDA a few times and was stating it was "oceanic, transatlantic experience with numerous ocean crossings"

Elitist hiring processes sometimes lead to elitist answers. ;)

Kidding aside, that's actually kinda genius. Just goes to show you what desperate pilots will do to try and highlight anything they can to try and stand out from the crowd.

Besides, what's so hard about it? The airlines will teach you all you need to know about it if you get a fleet type that crosses the ocean. I have no experience with transatlantic ETOPS, but I can't imagine it's too much different than the Central Eastern Pacific ETOPs to/from Hawaii. Very similar track procedures, ETOPs-related, diversion and descend tactics, etc.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

It's actually a lot different, but thanks for the huge memes.

I think the only airline that really had a preference for oceanic crossings was UPS for a period of time.

The overarching message is "be yourself, don't embellish".

The devil is always in the details.

"Can you fly to Canada?"

"Any major checkride busts?"

"I see you spent some time at Mesa, then left for Eagle and then ended up at PSA, talk to me about your career track"

Yes. I can drive my vehicle across the border with bikes on the roof and they don't even send me to secondary

CFI, init only

135, ... oh there's my answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A pilot who falls down at an indusrty conference because he drank too much at the bar is priceless. Especially when a United manager was standing next to me.

Have you had the distinct pleasure of listening to an applicant disparage your employer, while you're sitting with the Manager of Pilot Selection, and then talk about what time his appointment with the airline is?" :)

A pilot is going to fail. It's inevitable. A professional gets back up with grace.
My father taught me from an early age that it is best not to judge a person by how they fall but how they get back up. Also on a somewhat related note, if any of you have ever submitted an ASAP for an altitude/clearance bust, airframe limitation exceedance etc. you busted a checkride with the only difference being that there was not a FED/CKA/DPE observing.

Back