Norwegian Hiring 787/777 FO's FLL

Mike Wise

#NewSchool
Grab the popcorn! Let the show begin!

https://www.webcruiter.no/WcMain/Ad...ture_id=EN&company_id=201503&link_source_id=0

Job description
OSM Aviation on behalf of Norwegian are now looking for First Officers to operate on the Norwegian Boeing 787 aircrafts.
Qualifications
First Officer
FAA ATP certificate or EASA ATPL
FAA or EASA Medical Class 1 (EASA Medical Class 1 required before commencing flight duty)
1,500 hours total time
1,000 hours on any EFIS jet aircraft
We offer
Successful applicants will be employed by OSM Aviation and based at Fort Lauderdale - Hollywood International Airport, FL.

You must have the legal right to live and work in the United States.
Duty period starts and finishes at FLL.
Minimum of ten days off per calendar month.
28 days of annual leave per calendar year.
Please contact OSM Aviation for further information regarding contract terms and conditions (contact details to the right).

Training cost bond:
For pilots not current on B787 or B777 there will be a training cost bond, being paid back or decreasing by 1/3 each year over three years

If you hold an FAA flight crew license, Norwegian will support conversion training to obtain an EASA license during a time of up to 2 years. During this period, you will operate under a waiver on European registered aircraft.

The recruitment process
The first step is to fill out and submit your CV and application. You will then receive an e-mail confirming the receipt of your application. In addition you will be sent an invitation to do five online tests. You will not advance to the next step until the online tests are completed. Are you successful in the online tests, you will not hear from the recruitment team unless you proceed to the next step or we need more information from you. With the large amount of applications we receive, it may take long time until you proceed to the next step. Please note that it is an ongoing recruitment process. Interviews and simulator assessments will be held in the US and Europe.

To be considered for the position you need to register your different flight hours in your CV in Webcruiter under the section “Competence”. Please list all your flight hours as detailed as you can. Norwegian would like to see your hours broken down into as many categories as possible (aircraft type and PIC/SIC). PICUS hours shall be registered as SIC hours. Please also fill out all other sections in Webcruiter as detailed as possible. You also need to upload a copy of your flying license, a copy of your passport, a picture of you, and your own produced CV/Resume, all under the section “Attachments”. In addition, you should upload any other document you find relevant.

OSM Aviation will answer all your queries relating to the contract, employment and training cost bond (contact details to the right).

If you do a significant update to your Webcruiter data, such as changing employer, type of aircraft or rank, please also send an email to pilotrecruitment787@norwegian.com with that information.

Applications can only be made through this website. Applications received via other sources (e.g. by phone, direct e-mail contact or through Norwegian employees) will not be accepted. Please note that due to the high volume of applications, reasons for unsuccessful applications will not be provided by Norwegian.

Equal opportunities principles will be applied throughout the process.

They'll have no problem filling the positions because people want to "leap frog" somewhere respectable.

"I've been flying CRJ's for a year and no major has made me an offer! Why stay when I can get international heavy time in a 78? Sure it pays less, fewer days off, poor QOL, and I'm submarining the industry; but I'm so much smarter than everyone else for this!"

"I've been flying CRJ's for a year and no major has made me an offer! Why stay when I can get international heavy time in a 78? Sure it pays less, fewer days off, poor QOL, and I'm submarining the industry; but I'm so much smarter than everyone else for this!"

Mom and dad can tell their friends I fly for a international airline now! Big planes! Overseas!

You guys pretty much nailed it.

I mean, I'm already an international jet Captain.

Detroit to Toronto also made guys four-engined-jet international captains.

n527xj-mesaba-airlines-british-aerospace-avro-rj85_PlanespottersNet_261968.jpg

But at least you'd live in Ft Lauderdale.

Sent from my Startac using Tapatalk.

I hope it ruins careers domestically, similar to being a scab. You think NAI on your resume will help you get on with a major airline in the US? Guess what, you just dipped your balls in black ink, cause umm, you're blackballed....

Nah, it's just going to create more regional FOs that were hired to fly 777's then six months after IOE, they're already complaining on the internet about how "I've got international heavy jet experience and I don't know why UAL/DAL/FDX/UPS aren't calling!"

If I had a dime...

How is this any worse than China Southern having bases in the US? Part of deny NAI from ALPA was it "would put U.S. airlines and aviation workers at a tremendous disadvantage as they compete in the international marketplace". Now that they are employing Americans this changes things because they have to source pilots from the same pool the majors do.

Sure the pay and terms suck but is that the major beef with them now?

How is this any worse than China Southern having bases in the US? Part of deny NAI from ALPA was it "would put U.S. airlines and aviation workers at a tremendous disadvantage as they compete in the international marketplace". Now that they are employing Americans this changes things because they have to source pilots from the same pool the majors do.

Sure the pay and terms suck but is that the major beef with them now?

Where is China Southern's operating certificate based? Where do they fly?

Where is NAI's operating certificate based? Where do they fly?

This does address ONE of the issues brought up, but not the bigger problem.

Back