How to Annoy your First Officer

I certainly do strive to not use the speed brakes, as I feel it's a sign of bad planning if one is constantly yanking them out. When I do need them, I'm at least smooth with it. You can certainly tell when guys have never flown any charter/corporate in their careers, as they are pretty rough with the plane.
Ex Corporate guys can be just as rough as non...

Well we found someone who has no desire to be smooth.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408990613.181268.jpg

O yes that is me, except for the fact that not being smooth drives me up a wall. Maybe it was lost on you superior smooth corporate folk that not all rough jackwagons are non corporate.
Well you were a dick to him for no reason when he was just making an observation. Don't get your panties in a bunch.

Sorry, I can't claim to be a superior corporate pilot anymore. I've been downgraded to being a captain at a legacy.

O yes that is me, except for the fact that not being smooth drives me up a wall. Maybe it was lost on you superior smooth corporate folk that not all rough jackwagons are non corporate.

Oh, come on now... Don't get upset. Neither of us said that.

In the corporate world, which I'm assuming you have no experience in, we are basically limo drivers. The pax expect a smooth ride from taxi out to taxi in. If you slam things around, you'll hear about it.

Now, I think there are plenty of folks out there that understand ripping the speed brakes out and that sort of thing is somewhat "hackish", and so they fly a nice plane. But some really don't know better, and it's less likely those types have flown corporate or charter.

Well you were a dick to him for no reason when he was just making an observation. Don't get your panties in a bunch.

Sorry, I can't claim to be a superior corporate pilot anymore. I've been downgraded to being a captain at a legacy.

Aren't you the dick that said the other day that PSA/PDT pilots shouldn't have priority on their own jumpseat?

That is, if we're in a "How big of a penis have I been lately" contest.

Aren't you the dick that said the other day that PSA/PDT pilots shouldn't have priority on their own jumpseat?

That is, if we're in a "How big of a penis have I been lately" contest.
No I said non wholly-owned pilots shouldn't get priority on "their" jumpseats as they wouldn't be flying those routes if it wasn't for mainline.

Same here, as a regional puke.

I think as with most pursuits in aviation, the more varied experiences can make you better. I never flew freight, and I know those guys built up some skills that would humble me very quickly. I don't take it personal.

Those that went straight from flying a Seminole to an RJ, good for you! You were smarter than me, wallowing around doing other stuff before finally getting in at the airlines. You're probably a better, smoother pilot than me too. But chances are, the guy with a "limo driver" background just might be a bit smoother with the pax. Sorry if that's such an outlandish concept...

No I said non wholly-owned pilots shouldn't get priority on "their" jumpseats as they wouldn't be flying those routes if it wasn't for mainline.

So...let me get this straight. The mainline guys screw the industry by loosening scope. Then they want to screw the regional pilots (have priority on regional jumpseats) despite the fact that they fly within a system that mainline guys created?

If you don't like the flying being outsourced, by all means take it back as bring those jobs up a level. Regional pilots have it bad enough as it is.

You mean I have to go fly corporate in order to learn how to fly smooth?

I didn't want to just come out and say it but...

Seriously though, Having done both I know I tried a little harder when I knew that the guy in the back was gonna say something to my direct supervisor (thereby impacting my next eval and ergo my next pay raise) if I bounced him around too much.

Naturally as an airline guy you try your best to be smooth, but I gave it a lot more thought when 'the man' was sitting right behind me.

I didn't want to just come out and say it but...

Seriously though, Having done both I know I tried a little harder when I knew that the guy in the back was gonna say something to my direct supervisor (thereby impacting my next eval and ergo my next pay raise) if I bounced him around too much.

Naturally as an airline guy you try your best to be smooth, but I gave it a lot more thought when 'the man' was sitting right behind me.

You've settled it, I need to quit my job and go fly corporate. Then maybe one day I get a job flying an RJ, where I will know how to fly smoothly.

Back