What happened to the Red States thread in the Lav?

fholbert

Mod's - Please don't edit my posts!
I noticed before, anti-Trump, anti GOP threads seem to disappear. Has the thread Red States Really Got It Going on been deleted?

Last edited:
I noticed before, anti-Trump, anti GOP threads seem to disappear. Has the thread Red States Really Got It Going on been deleted?
Interesting question.

I can't find it, but I don't know what happens to threads that get deleted by an Admin. Maybe @derg or @MikeD have some insight?

Interesting question.

I can't find it, but I don't know what happens to threads that get deleted by an Admin. Maybe @derg or @MikeD have some insight?
Thanks Steve,

Why are some threads deleted? I know it wasn't pro GOP, but was a pretty active thread.

Seems to happen to a lot of the threads I start.

Thanks Steve,

Why are some threads deleted? I know it wasn't pro GOP, but was a pretty active thread.

I think it was a server migration or server update. I lost the movie clip thread as well.

Thanks Steve,

Yer a rebel! And... they're takin yer riaaaghts!!!

Or, they're just scared the ad revenue might dip.

Truth don't sell very well. Tide promises that if you buy Tide Pods, you'll get 85% more Tide. I mean, how many Tide Pods would get sold if folks started asking "More than WHAT???"

This is "normal" these days. Carry on.

;)

I think it was a server migration or server update. I lost the movie clip thread as well.
No, I own a copy of this software. It doesn’t work that way.

The threads are being deleted deliberately, not the first time this has happened. Funny part, they can be undeleted with one click.

No, I own a copy of this software. It doesn’t work that way.

The threads are being deleted deliberately, not the first time this has happened. Funny part, they can be undeleted with one click.
Is that option available to a Moderator? Or is it a higher level function?

Is that option available to a Moderator? Or is it a higher level function?
Typically a moderator can soft delete only. Soft delete meaning it can be undeleted. Unless the rights were changed a moderator can see a soft deleted thread/post.

There is a super moderator set of rights, but I don’t have that enabled.

On my forum only the administrator can hard delete a thread. I don’t give admin rights to anyone.

I was one of three admin’s on another forum, it didn’t work. Too many cooks in the kitchen. I removed myself from that form.

I didn't delete or move any posts for a few months, but I'll check.

Oftentimes many threads of the sane subject will get merged. The oldest one then becomes the thread.

Oftentimes many threads of the sane subject will get merged. The oldest one then becomes the thread.
That’s not true.

I’ve seen an anti-Trump thread merged into a much newer and smaller pro trump thread The newer pro Trump thread title was kept. Basically, it killed the anti-Trump thread, I think it was the first anti-Trump thread on this board. When treads are merged the software defaults to the title of the oldest thread. Purposeful action must be taken to change that.

Since you were pro-Trump, I always figured it was you. Now that I know the rights structure on this board, it has to be you.

That’s where this came from.
IMG_0988.JPG

Last edited:
I've noticed a couple random threads have disappeared into the ether over the years. Like, the original motorcycle thread seems to be nowhere to be found.

Clearly it's a vast conspiracy conducted by the JC insiders and the reverse vampire illuminati... quick @fholbert knows too much!

I really don't think this is some vast MikeD conspiracy to silence Trump dissent. He knows what I think about the man, and hasn't silenced me. I think we can possibly all coexist in the same ready room without someone needing to go out of their way to shut the other up.

I really don't think this is some vast MikeD conspiracy to silence Trump dissent. He knows what I think about the man, and hasn't silenced me. I think we can possibly all coexist in the same ready room without someone needing to go out of their way to shut the other up.

I think the difference is when it’s all that someone talks about, it’s pretty obnoxious. There are so many people who make being butt hurt over politics and culture wars their entire personality.

No matter the spin on it, that’s obnoxious.

Do a search on the anti-Clinton threads from 2015/2016... No one deleted those.

Six month old anti GOP threads are long gone.

Back