Can we please talk about the weird lights that people are seeing to the west at night?

Some of us from a certain time that might've worked overnights and might remember this...
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqxQBKeqPfI
Other late night drive greats... (maybe a bit earlier, but same basic space-time, and much better music)
(note- in first toob- the "Meo" signal to the guard monkeys as the last three digits of the YT secret code URL - it all makes sense now.)

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQ-wTNPry2vQ-lwzGegED_d-lYwcZQMeo

&

&

Number of guys on guard (which switched to fingers) were saying they saw lights going westbound this evening. I’ve only seen them eastbound during the early am.

Reactions: PGT
Number of guys on guard (which switched to fingers) were saying they saw lights going westbound this evening. I’ve only seen them eastbound during the early am.
Yep heard this convo over Kansas Thursday evening. Too bad we were going eastbound. Friday night around the same time I heard a bit of it as well but we were too far East to hear most of the conversation. Heading north I didn’t see any lights to the West.

Saw this tonight, and previously bought other people's explanations that it was satellite constellations overlapping and whatever.

I don't think a satellite goes right to left, goes up, then goes back to the right. Additionally, when it reappeared, it hauled ass one direction, abruptly slowed down, then continued at a high rate of speed, it's light intensity changed all while the white illumination had flickers of red and blue.

These presented as a group of four. Disappeared for about 45 min, the one later reappeared as described above, then followed by a second one. For a brief moment it appeared as though one was following the others movements.

We were headed from northern AZ toward the PNW, other pilots noted it appeared to be over groom lake, we were adjacent to that and these objects were much much further away from there. Nearing Washington they still appeared further away.

Last edited:
Hello my fellow non-governmental forums posters.

Are you sure of what you are seeing? I heard about a pilot who the civil aviation authority heard talking about lights in one of your lounges. They were referred for medical review and are not flying. I recommend you do not talk about seeing things that may not actually be there.

Talking about lights is accepted now. Especially with the govt now all “oh those? Yeah, we know about them. Been us all along” :)

We were headed from northern AZ toward the PNW, other pilots noted it appeared to be over groom lake, we were adjacent to that and these objects were much much further away from there. Nearing Washington they still appeared further away.

Yeah these aren't anywhere near groom lake. Not saying I believe anything one way or another, but it is a simple fact that the Groom airspace isn't big enough to even get supersonic in. Nothing important happening there is simply remaining in the box, cough, "container"

Saw this tonight, and previously bought other people's explanations that it was satellite constellations overlapping and whatever.

I don't think a satellite goes right to left, goes up, then goes back to the right. Additionally, when it reappeared, it hauled ass one direction, abruptly slowed down, then continued at a high rate of speed, it's light intensity changed all while the white illumination had flickers of red and blue.

These presented as a group of four. Disappeared for about 45 min, the one later reappeared as described above, then followed by a second one. For a brief moment it appeared as though one was following the others movements.

I was camping one night on the Kern River up towards Lake Isabella and I saw something very similar, as did my buddy who was sitting by the fire. That was probably in 1992-1993. I was unsure of what I saw but around 1995 I got access to the internet at home and despite what we consider now the pathetically slow speeds I tried to figure it out. Back then most websites were one of two things, conspiracy theories or engineers. I found plenty of info regarding my "sighting" from both and I decided to believe the engineers rather than the Art Bell fans (not a knock on Art Bell, if I can't sleep I'll grab my phone an put it on my bedside table with one of his shows on YouTube and I'll be asleep shortly thereafter). There was plenty of satellites flying around in different orbits even back then and the smart fellers on the internet did the geometry wizardry and explained how the sun was angled and the trajectory of these satellites were reflecting its light. Their explanation was much easier to believe because they had at least some actual logical explanation and the others seemed to think the world ending was imminent. It's been 30 years and I think my initial opinion still rings true because of the fact that billions of people carry HD cameras in their pocket and zero definitive proof has been found. I also believe the earth is a sphere, we went to the moon multiple times, Amelia Earhart hired a drunk as a navigator and ran out of gas, Elvis was an opiate junkie that's dead. Conspiracy theories are like buying a lotto ticket, rocket fuel for an idle mind.

I think we’d all be better served if the visitors, should there actually be any, would come down and say “nice planet all, but get your s4!t together. There’s a group of halfway decent places to visit and nice people to talk with outside your world, but daymn, you gotta clean up your act first.”

I think we’d all be better served if the visitors, should there actually be any, would come down and say “nice planet all, but get your s4!t together. There’s a group of halfway decent places to visit and nice people to talk with outside your world, but daymn, you gotta clean up your act first.”
You should write a book. It's called science fiction, I'd love to read a science fiction novel that was just all positivity and rainbows with a soft landing on some planet where everything is like Fiji. I understand reality sucks but it's not insurmountable.

You should write a book. It's called science fiction, I'd love to read a science fiction novel that was just all positivity and rainbows with a soft landing on some planet where everything is like Fiji. I understand reality sucks but it's not insurmountable.

Man, who peed in your GMO, non-CRISPr modified Cheerios today?

Ha! You’re not Gen X are ya? That’s like our lexicon! :)

I'm pretty sure he is. He picked me up from Nellis one afternoon in his nicely sorted Miata, and we had BBQ. Back when this millennial was still a young real fighter pilot and he was a retired light bomber pilot

Back