Can we please talk about the weird lights that people are seeing to the west at night?

Inverted

mmmmmm wine
It is aliens, and it's pretty rad.

OK no seriously, I have seen them several times over the last couple of months. it has been talked about on guard and on main frequencies as several have observed them. Last night departing DAL we saw them pretty quickly to the west, and watched them for almost 2 hours. At times, several lights would show up, and move erratically, then a light or two would fade away, show up again, all would disappear etc etc.

I know there have been some threads around the internet about this. I certainly don't think it is aliens but it seems like testing of some kind has been going on for a while now. I remember several months ago seeing the same thing as we were heading to Seattle from the northeast as well. It is pretty cool whatever it is.

Anyways, discuss lol.

Nah it’s not Starlink, I have seen that several times.

It’s for sure aliens that have chosen me to observe them #blessed

It is aliens, and it's pretty rad.

OK no seriously, I have seen them several times over the last couple of months. it has been talked about on guard and on main frequencies as several have observed them. Last night departing DAL we saw them pretty quickly to the west, and watched them for almost 2 hours. At times, several lights would show up, and move erratically, then a light or two would fade away, show up again, all would disappear etc etc.

I know there have been some threads around the internet about this. I certainly don't think it is aliens but it seems like testing of some kind has been going on for a while now. I remember several months ago seeing the same thing as we were heading to Seattle from the northeast as well. It is pretty cool whatever it is.

Anyways, discuss lol.
Blink/pulse every 60 seconds almost down to the second?

bd14f69317def1737a06bf431dc4dcc8.jpg

Inigo88 solved this last year when I was seeing the same thing. It’s the Starlink constellation.

The Starlink trains are in fact quite different but once established they make the exact pattern described and the changing luminosity is due to reflection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bd14f69317def1737a06bf431dc4dcc8.jpg

Inigo88 solved this last year when I was seeing the same thing. It’s the Starlink constellation.

The Starlink trains are in fact quite different but once established they make the exact pattern described and the changing luminosity is due to reflection.

It’s not Starlink. They were our altitude or lower, moved in all directions, varied in light intensity and as we got closer to Nevada their position moved though the window consistent with something being closer than an object like a satellite.

It’s not Starlink. They were our altitude or lower, moved in all directions, varied in light intensity and as we got closer to Nevada their position moved though the window consistent with something being closer than an object like a satellite.

Yep I saw it all last year. It’s Starlink. They only reflect light near the horizon in a specific west quadrant. It depends on what part of the constellation you’re looking at.

Yep I saw it all last year. It’s Starlink. They only reflect light near the horizon in a specific west quadrant. It depends on what part of the constellation you’re looking at.

So Starlink moves up, down, left, right, fast, slow, appear in erratic patterns, remain stationary for several seconds, then disappear, then reappear, in the same general position for about 2 hours?

Cool I guess it’s Starlink then.

Weird. Saw something like that for a good hour+ in the north sky a few months back. VERY bright and had a couple around it that eventually left. My guess is some kind of stationary satellite rotating and catching the sun?

So Starlink moves up, down, left, right, fast, slow, appear in erratic patterns, remain stationary for several seconds, then disappear, then reappear, in the same general position for about 2 hours?

Cool I guess it’s Starlink then.

Yes because you’re looking at hundreds of satellites moving in a grid pattern. They pass through the sun and become visible. Next time you see them notice how some are moving up and left. Some down and right etc. They are always in a pattern. There are generally 3 sometimes more visible. Then they fade away and appear to come back changing directions. They aren’t changing direction they are just being replaced by another satellite moving the opposite direction and into the light where you can see their reflection.

I saw it heading westbound last week. It was more of a rhythmic pattern where they would appear about every 2 minutes or so then fade away. That one seems more easily explained. The ones I have seen previously in the NE sky are more in the triangular pattern and seem to chase each other and move. Appears to be one group and not flashing of multiple objects as they pass through the area. I dont know enough to make an educated guess on it, so aliens.

Back