The little things (For married people)

TheWife

Ok, so we all know that the little things mean a lot. But I am running out of ideas. What do you do in your marriage to say "I love you" or I was thinking about you, etc in little ways? My husband often leaves nice messages on my screen saver, things like that. What do you do or what does your spouse do for you?

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, so we all know that the little things mean a lot. But I am running out of ideas. What do you do in your marriage to say "I love you" or I was thinking about you, etc in little ways? My husband often leaves nice messages on my screen saver, things like that. What do you do or what does your spouse do for you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry this is a "family friendly" forum.

However Vanilla massage cream comes to mind....

Yeah, I didn't mean the R rated stuff! Geez.
smile.gif

Well I think the biggest thing I do is try to listen and anticipate what my better half needs. Quick phone call to find out they had a bad day: clean house a bit and make one of their favorite dishes. I do my best to show I know them well and that I care. One time I left notes around that started in the house, led to an outfit to wear, and eventually led to the restaurant I wanted to meet up at. Got some 'together time' after that! Keep things spicy and make them feel special. If well done absence can make the heart grow fonder.

Well I scored a major coup this weekend. We went to a benefit auction and I bid ( and won ) on a 3 day 2 night get away. My wife was soooo happy that I would do such a thing, to her it was a clear demonstration that I wanted to spend time alone with her. Actually she got alot of mileage out of the fact that we were sitting at a table with some very good friends and she was the point of envy. I didn't spend that much more than if I would have just booked the weekend, but its not about the money, it was the "thought" that counted. There is a book the title escapes me, but it is along the lines of "Love Language" It talks to the point that each person experiences love in different expressions. For my wife its all about spending time and talking, for me its a hot meal and the little mundane routine things of life.

and here I though I was being sweet coming home and asking her to rub my feet while I burp and drink beer. Jeez!

I'm a big believer in flowers for no apparent reason (meaning - not just on b-days, anniversaries, etc.). I like to just up and send my wife a big ol' bouquet of flowers every now and again.

I've also "drawn" her a bath. Had a nice bubble bath with candles and wine wating on her a couple of times.

That seems to be a good thing.
wink.gif

I think she especially likes it when I leave stains in my underpants...

ok I agree with the flower thing R2F. I used to do it all the time. She manages the checkbook now and has asked me to stop sending her flowers. I wake her up singing a lot of mornings. She likes when I change the words to make it a song about her.

Corbin does the song thing too, lol.

And hey, wipe till your done and then do it once more and flush till it's gone! Skid marks are inexcusable!

[ QUOTE ]
And hey, wipe till your done and then do it once more and flush till it's gone! Skid marks are inexcusable!

[/ QUOTE ]

US toilet roll is horrible - it is so rough!! You have to be so careful not to injure youself with it. In the UK we have toilet paper that is great - it is like wiping with a duvet!! I love that stuff - especially after a good dinner at the Indian.

Wow. LOL. What is a duvet? The only thing I know a duvet is, is a cover you put on your bed blanket and that doesn't necessarily mean it's soft.

A toilet bowl to wash off your underside. Just picture a toilet with no lid, that also look like it could be a drinking fountain.

Bidet:

5032-m.jpg

Duvet:

64814.jpg

Ladies - if you ever think about sleeping at Iain's house.... DON'T!!! You DON'T wanna know where his duvet has been!!!!

grin.gif

He must have a soft duvet then cause I have seen some rough ones that I would not wipe with.
smile.gif
Geez how did my fluffy love fest post get turned into butt wiping?
blush.gif
grin.gif
I wondered though if duvet meant something else in England. Like what we call biscuts they call scones.

We used to have a Bidet at my old house in the UK - unfortunately they are not common over here.

I meant duvet - I am not sure how duvets are at your homes - but ours are a very soft material (not the bed cover - the actually duvet) filled with a feather like substance. Incredible nice!!

just because I raise the fact that US toilet roll is nto good enought to even wipe my ass with (HA HA HA) - you guys get all personal. I guess it is better then France where the family shares a flannel they just wash after every wipe.

Back