Considering leaving the profession for good, could use advice

I think the only Jollibee in the PNW is Seattle. I can never figure out why their mascot thing is weirdly sinister to me.
giphy.gif

I don't get it either.

BUT! We can "food bro" and head down to Jollibee. But first, hit Cocina Chiwas in Tempe for their Costilla de Res. Effing MAGICAL. But if you start with the chile queso, it's basically three meals in a single appetizer and will wreck your appetite if it's just you and the bride.

Lets go eat. Shoot me a text.
You don’t like Italian food?! I think we are done.

It’s the slow blink. “I won’t hesitate to murder you in your sleep.”

That’s just any angry Filipino :p

(My in-laws are from there)
Do not. I repeat, do not f' with a Filipino women. Lol.

I don't know if this is a stereotype, but I've heard it a lot in my job. Which has a lot of Filipino female nurses. A lot!

Example:

One of the nurses at my job, Jim, he's married a Filipino chick from the Philippines and brought her over here. He's fifty-eight. I don't know if did something, or if she's paying him back for all the guys back in the Philippines who did her wrong. But... he has to call her daily, as soon as he gets to the employee parking lot. Call her to let her know that he's on the unit after huddle. And call her at random times that she chooses for him before he leaves the house.

She will also randomly call several times a day to the unit during the shift to see if he's still there, to make sure that he didn't leave. When he gets home he has to drop his pants for her to smell his junk. And she'll randomly initiate sex just to see if he can get erect and if he's got a "full tank." If he can't do either, she thinks that he had sex with someone else, while he was at work. He said one time at night he was asleep and awoke to her holding his junk with one hand and a knife with the other. And she whispered into his ear and said, "you know if you ever cheat on me. I'll cut your • dick off, right?"

A.) I don't know why he'd volunteer this info to his coworkers. But welcome to the enmeshed nature of nursing.

B.) He said he scared of her and so tired of her •. We've all asked him several times why he stays. He said because she will take him to the • cleaners. But also he says its exciting af. The danger, the impulsiveness. He says he never knows what's waiting for him when he gets home. And he has said. "Have you ever had sex with a • crazy bitch? Best sex ever!" He says its always different and exciting.

I don't know if this is true for all Filipino women. But that bitch is • crazy. I just don't know if its all Filipino women. Or if she's an outlier. Or if the odds of crazy skyrocket if you get one from the Philippines. I like dudes, so I'll never find out.

To be fair… I’m often more disappointed by Italian places than not. FFS if you can’t do a carbonara without cream don’t bother.

What the… what??

Yeah, that was a thing for about a week. All us food nerds were like “What in the actual…”

Do not. I repeat, do not f' with a Filipino women. Lol.

I don't know if this is a stereotype, but I've heard it a lot in my job. Which has a lot of Filipino female nurses. A lot!

Example:

One of the nurses at my job, Jim, he's married a Filipino chick from the Philippines and brought her over here. He's fifty-eight. I don't know if did something, or if she's paying him back for all the guys back in the Philippines who did her wrong. But... he has to call her daily, as soon as he gets to the employee parking lot. Call her to let her know that he's on the unit after huddle. And call her at random times that she chooses for him before he leaves the house.

She will also randomly call several times a day to the unit during the shift to see if he's still there, to make sure that he didn't leave. When he gets home he has to drop his pants for her to smell his junk. And she'll randomly initiate sex just to see if he can get erect and if he's got a "full tank." If he can't do either, she thinks that he had sex with someone else, while he was at work. He said one time at night he was asleep and awoke to her holding his junk with one hand and a knife with the other. And she whispered into his ear and said, "you know if you ever cheat on me. I'll cut your • dick off, right?"

A.) I don't know why he'd volunteer this info to his coworkers. But welcome to the enmeshed nature of nursing.

B.) He said he scared of her and so tired of her •. We've all asked him several times why he stays. He said because she will take him to the • cleaners. But also he says its exciting af. The danger, the impulsiveness. He says he never knows what's waiting for him when he gets home. And he has said. "Have you ever had sex with a • crazy bitch? Best sex ever!" He says its always different and exciting.

I don't know if this is true for all Filipino women. But that bitch is • crazy. I just don't know if its all Filipino women. Or if she's an outlier. Or if the odds of crazy skyrocket if you get one from the Philippines. I like dudes, so I'll never find out.

Oh man, 100%. To perhaps stereotype a bit, but the Filipino women I've known always ran the simulator building office. At several bases I've been stationed at. And they know everything, everyone, and they know where the bodies were buried. You don't want to F with them. They are coordinated and networked. They will kill you in your sleep, or I suppose maybe the figurative version of that. And if you take the time to make friends with them, they will share everything, everyone, and everything they know with you. And you come back 4-6 years later, and THEY STILL F'ING REMEMBER YOU. Like, the guy, about this high, with light/dark hair, who wears the flight suit......which describes hundreds of people at any given time. But they remember personal s*** about your life, like "how is that Jack doing?" Like uhhhhh "there is one of you, but there are a hundred of me". The sim lady in Miramar was a Filipino named Lus (sp?), and I hope I can get back there to say hi one more time before they close the F/A-18 sims there forever (soon).

Again, probably stereotyping, but those women were absolutely amazing people and great Americans

Back