The little things (For married people)

[ QUOTE ]
I thought females hit their "peak" at 30

[/ QUOTE ] Hey you don't have to love sex in order to have it to get pregnant. Lol. 15 is a lot. If you can love and care for them...well then, by all means. But if not...then give it a REST!
smile.gif
What do you do if you win a family vacation for 4 to Disneyland? You have to leave 13/15 of your kids at home.
tongue.gif

It never fails to astonish me every time I go back to SLC, seeing all the 19 year old girls wearing engagement rings. What I always found hilarious is that once they hit 21, if the ward leaders felt they weren't at imminent risk of marriage (i.e., the less attractive ones), they got sent on a church mission--which is pretty much an initiation into the old maids/spinsters club.

Once you get out of Utah though, this madness subsides. In CA, people don't get married until their late 20s/early 30s--which is as it should be; any younger than that and your personality really hasn't gelled yet, and the person you end up as may not be someone your spouse wants to spend the rest of their life with. The only reason most of these young 'un marriages in Utah stick are the voluminous numbers of kids, but even then, there were people at my high school 10 yr reunion who were already on their 3rd marriage.

[ QUOTE ]
The only reason most of these young 'un marriages in Utah stick

[/ QUOTE ] Actually, it's more because of the temple commitments then the # of kids. And some of us actually just love each other and know there is no one out there better suited for us then who we married. Imagine that.
smile.gif

This thread went a wierd direction but I once wrote my then girlfriend a story about a princess's day that went from "gloom to glee". Thats what I called it. She was having a rough time and I wanted to cheer her up, so in the story all these little things happened throughout her day to make her happy. I then proceeded to do all those things in real life. I had the day off and I went to her office and delivered little gifts to her (I gave them to her co-workers so she wouldn't see me) and after work she arrived home to find an amazing seafood meal ready with wine, just like the princess in the story. Its way to long to go into all the details but my then girlfriend is my now wife
smile.gif

WOW! I'm impressed.... that's a really great idea and obviously, it worked out well!!!

you must have a very creative mind!!

Okay.. so here's what I did last night:

My wife has been working her ass off at work (what else is new?) because they are short on people right now and, naturally, she has been picking up the extra work.

She's pretty much past the point of exhaustion and stress, so after my flight lesson, I stopped at the grocery store, got some things, then went home and:

1. cleaned the house.
2. cleaned the bathtub and bathroom
3. lit a BUTTLOAD of candles around the house, the tub, and even made a little "runway" of candles to the tub.
4. Drew her a bath. Pretty good too - looked just like a bath. (
grin.gif
) - seriously.. made a nice hot bubble bath for her (using - what else? Mr. Bubble.
grin.gif
) with some aromatherapy crystals in there for good measure.
5. Bought some yellow roses (her favorite) and put them by the tub
6. Put on some relaxing music
7. and when she got home, was waiting for her with a glass of her favorite wine.

grin.gif

Good stuff.

You guys out there might think that's pretty wus of me, but - hey - worked for me!!
smirk.gif

Take notes.

R2F

Aww, I like the little runway of candles. Glad your house didn't burn down though! Lol. That was very thoughtful of you and I bet she really enjoyed it!

Aww come on man, what happened next?! This is better'n Cinemax!

Here's one for the folks with babies at home.

Don't make your wife always be the only one to have to get up with the baby in the night!!! Even mommies like to sleep in once and a while.

Umm, sorry, venting a little bit there..........

Well I'm sure you know I agree with you on that one! Nothing is more enjoyable then a baby that sleeps 12 hours at night! Don't worry-your baby will soon too!

[ QUOTE ]
Even mommies like to sleep in once and a while.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but who's going to make my breakfast? I'll even let you have the remote to watch Dr. Phil!
smile.gif

I'm kidding!! On valentines day last year, my wife said "You're the best housewife a girl can ask for!"

I cook, clean, do the lawn, etc.

yeah - but i have yet to see a "runway of candles"...
shocked.gif

haha just kidding, toots!!!
wink.gif

R2F - after a hot bath, i betcha that wifey of yours fell fast asleep didn't she? cuz that's just how hot baths work!! unless of course, you got into the bath with her - then that sometimes has a different scenario... hahahhaha

good idea though - very thoughtful of you!! and glad you didn't burn the house down!!
grin.gif

Probably more like "Ahh, nice bath Ready2Fly! Now give me my bathrobe and hand me my kitty and the remote!"

Back