Considering leaving the profession for good, could use advice

Disciplinary meetings with the CP, consequences unspecified.

Our unio . . . no wait, labor or . . . no, that's not right either. Well, our (whatever the legal fiction of the day is) has reminded us that we owe all of our time to the company, and that we're expected to be able to justify any absences.

Pilots who are over the company average (6 days) are being contacted.
WTF I have no idea about the 175 never flew it, but when I was flying the CR7 I was sick 8-10 days a quarter because of the •y packs.

Is Filipino spaghetti served with that like weird sugary ketchup they have? And hot dogs?
I’m not sure if it’s the banana ketchup or some other kind of tomato sauce, but yeah. The banana ketchup isn’t terrible in small doses.

I’m not sure if it’s the banana ketchup or some other kind of tomato sauce, but yeah. The banana ketchup isn’t terrible in small doses.

Yep, it was the banana ketchup I'm thinking of. You're right, I'd dip fries in it for sure, just not sure if id eat it with much else

I like Filipino food, I like Italian food, but that’s the one thing I absolutely cannot get behind.

I don't get it either.

BUT! We can "food bro" and head down to Jollibee. But first, hit Cocina Chiwas in Tempe for their Costilla de Res. Effing MAGICAL. But if you start with the chile queso, it's basically three meals in a single appetizer and will wreck your appetite if it's just you and the bride.

Lets go eat. Shoot me a text.

Sure, but the regionals have terrible QOL compared to the majors as well as terrible pay.
That isn’t always the case. I classmate of mine from Eagle stayed at Eagle over flowing to AA. He was/is in the school house lives in DFW and only flies when he wants to, I bet he has more time in his plane than the 175 this year.

Day trips can be a wonderful thing for someone who lives in base. Being junior suck everywhere, but once you hit that QOL zone it is sometimes hard to give that up. Most people think about golden handcuffs in terms of money but there is also QOL golden handcuffs. I was there for a few years at Atlas. TPA based holding airport standby, having dinner every night with my other half being gone 2-3 nights a month life was good but I also knew it wasn’t going to last.

That isn’t always the case. I classmate of mine from Eagle stayed at Eagle over flowing to AA. He was/is in the school house lives in DFW and only flies when he wants to, I bet he has more time in his plane than the 175 this year.

Day trips can be a wonderful thing for someone who lives in base. Being junior suck everywhere, but once you hit that QOL zone it is sometimes hard to give that up. Most people think about golden handcuffs in terms of money but there is also QOL golden handcuffs. I was there for a few years at Atlas. TPA based holding airport standby, having dinner every night with my other half being gone 2-3 nights a month life was good but I also knew it wasn’t going to last.

That’s exactly the issue. Who knows what Envoy flying will be versus PSA, Piedmont in the future. Contracts, CPA, etc, change.

You’re absolutely correct about day trips if you live close to the airport. It’s a normal day job, except you aren’t off only 8 days/month like most Americans.

I don't get it either.

BUT! We can "food bro" and head down to Jollibee. But first, hit Cocina Chiwas in Tempe for their Costilla de Res. Effing MAGICAL. But if you start with the chile queso, it's basically three meals in a single appetizer and will wreck your appetite if it's just you and the bride.

Lets go eat. Shoot me a text.

Is that the same Jollibee (company) that is next to I-5 in PDX just across the river/border?

Have you applied at UPS? The window is open again if you feel like cargo is something you’d be interested in. Idk why the window opened again. We may be the major hiring 300 that Derg is talking about, they don’t tell us anything around here.

It’s a different beast but the schedules are nothing like the garbage you posted and you actually get vacation. A month after my first year here I got a month off for vacation (Thanks IPA for OCV). If it is something you’re interested in I’d also hit up Kelley Lepley (probably slaughtered her name) to get her perspective of life at UPS, and also find time to make a way to OBAP and get some face time.

Even if you don’t apply here find time to go. Just because places have slowed down doesn’t mean the music is over. Get your name and face known and be at the leading edge when hiring kicks back up. A little tip, going EARLY on the last day has been less hectic and you get more time with recruiters since there isn’t a line of guys in suits waiting to have their few mins of elevator pitch time.
Isn’t UPS all night flying?

Back