Spirit March 24 Opening

My major has hired several from spirit but none recently

Seems like most spirit dispatchers are pretty happy living in Florida, at least the top half of the seniority does and will accept a very outdated contract just to live there

I know several that got into SWA in their recent classes, so there is movement

Most regionals maybe except Horizon have cheaper COL than any of Spirit's NOCs. If I were at a regional, I'd rather hang tight there and get on a major or another LCC/ULCC than get with spirit.

Good luck to all the spirit dispatchers

guys guys and gals... ya'll are forgetting that F9 is going to buy NK shortly..
ALL HAIL THE ONE TRUE MERGER
#SPIRITANIMALSFORLIFE
That honestly was the only one that made relative sense in the first place.

Butttt given the DOJs recent shut down of the NK/B6 merger, and their most recent initiative of going after Albertsons / Kroger’s merger, it might not be a good idea.

That honestly was the only one that made relative sense in the first place.

Butttt given the DOJs recent shut down of the NK/B6 merger, and their most recent initiative of going after Albertsons / Kroger’s merger, it might not be a good idea.

The DOJ will stop at nothing to promote competition for the American consumer.
Only once they've forced Spirit out of business will their job be complete.

The DOJ will stop at nothing to promote competition for the American consumer.
Only once they've forced Spirit out of business will their job be complete.
At which point, Frontier (and UA and any other carrier that’s had enough Boeing woes) will be happy to grab those gently used airbuses off the auction block.

At which point, Frontier (and UA and any other carrier that’s had enough Boeing woes) will be happy to grab those gently used airbuses off the auction block.

I’m sure B6 will gladly take any or most of any aircraft from NK, after all, that’s what they were originally after anyway.

This is the current state of both spirit OCCs and Spirit Airlines as a whole, this is your warning if you have any interest in working for Spirit. They are losing at least 8 DX by the end of April and more will follow.
IMG_4772.jpeg

This is the current state of both spirit OCCs and Spirit Airlines as a whole, this is your warning if you have any interest in working for Spirit. They are losing at least 8 DX by the end of April and more will follow.
View attachment 76915
I have a buddy that works there and can confirm that 12 are leaving. A few just haven’t put in their two weeks yet…of course more will follow when the workload becomes ridiculously heavy.

I have a buddy that works there and can confirm that 12 are leaving. A few just haven’t put in their two weeks yet…of course more will follow when the workload becomes ridiculously heavy.
by that point im sure they will have to sit at the negotiating table with PAFCA then and make NKS worth it to go to

Glass half full take: That means they're looking to hire a lot of people ;) . That's it though. That's truly the only positive I can gather from the current state of things.

Make no mistake though. Self sabotaging is a personal favorite past time of mine. If I hadn't gotten my own ticket out of the regional game, going to spirit would have been at least partially appealing. That being said, I have no desire to live in Florida. The weather, lack of affordability, and the general conservative retirement home vibes are enough to keep me from touching that with a ten foot pole.

It is quite difficult to make living in South Florida work when management seems dead set on refusing to raise the pay scale, even with 8 people leaving within a month.

Supposedly, there's a "big announcement" coming that will stabilize the airline, but as per usual management won't be transparent about it, so once again the people who are patiently waiting to see if we'll (1) have jobs and (2) be paid properly are sitting on their hands twiddling their thumbs to see what the panacea will be.

I had a conversation with a person who's been here for the better part of a decade and they said it best: "The only thing that's certain about Spirit is its constant state of uncertainty."

Last edited:
Back