Seoul, Korea Incheon

cmhumphr

Any JC'ers know any good spots to hit up in Korea? I'm open to any sightseeing and nightlife, as long as it doesn't involve me crossing to border to the north..:cool:

Any JC'ers know any good spots to hit up in Korea? I'm open to any sightseeing and nightlife, as long as it doesn't involve me crossing to border to the north..:cool:

Hollywood's club in Itaewon, not far from Hooker Hill. Not a bad expat bar. For higher-class women of the night, the 588 section of Seoul/Yongson.

The fort at Suwon is pretty good, probably about 30 to 45 min south of Seoul. I spent a year in Busab so not up to date on the good bars/pubs in Seoul.

You mean Busan right? lol Just teasin' man. I'll try and check that one out too, time permitting.

Hollywood's club in Itaewon, not far from Hooker Hill. Not a bad expat bar. For higher-class women of the night, the 588 section of Seoul/Yongson.

Now there's a phrase I haven't heard in awhile...

Do they still call it hooker hill?

Okay, first get the heck out of Incheon. You have no business being in that boring town. Second, buy a subway ticket (good luck), and go find Hongdae or Shinchon (thats where I would go) if you're brave... Good clubs shopping/young people/fun. When you get lost and want to connect with the outside world find a PC cafe. "PC Bangs" are awesome. Look for this sign: PC방... Also drink lots of Soju and bring some back for Polar742. He can't get enough of the stuff. Korea's awesome. I wanna go too!!!!!

Are you going by yourself or with some other people?

Man all that sounds like a blast. I'll definitely try this "Soju" for sure. When I went to Hong Kong, I didn't find it that bad to navigate around so much, so we will see about the whole getting lost thing. I'm meeting up with a friend who lives there.

Okay, first get the heck out of Incheon. You have no business being in that boring town. Second, buy a subway ticket (good luck), and go find Hongdae or Shinchon (thats where I would go) if you're brave... Good clubs shopping/young people/fun. When you get lost and want to connect with the outside world find a PC cafe. "PC Bangs" are awesome. Look for this sign: PC방... Also drink lots of Soju and bring some back for Polar742. He can't get enough of the stuff. Korea's awesome. I wanna go too!!!!!

Are you going by yourself or with some other people?

Subway ticket?? No, no, no. A trip to Korea is not complete without a cab drive. And soju... hei gu!

You mean Busan right? lol Just teasin' man. I'll try and check that one out too, time permitting.

My proof reading isn't quite up to par right now lol Yeah, Busan. You could always take the bullet train to Busan, 2.5 hours at 200 mph!!!! That's how I used to get to Seoul. Osan has good shopping, right outside the base. As for me, I just find the local ex Pat bar and go to town. Korean women love to drink btw...jack, yeager, beer (Cass is cheap Korean beer), etc.

I was told the cabs were expensive though. Has anyone been to the bridge of no return?

I didn't think so but it's all relative. Don't take a cab to Osan, that would be expensive of course. I would always take a cab from my apartment building to go downtown as the Koreans would set up DUI checkpoints all over, you would pull up and blow. The bars were about 10 miles away, cost me about 10,000 WON (last year) so about $8 American dollars at the time.

I have not been to the bridge of no return....oh, go to ther border if you can, pretty intense.

The bar at the Hyatt in Itaewon is the place to go. Its called JJs. But the drinks are pricey. Make sure you dress up. o I would recommend Hongdae over Itaewon. Itaewon is for GIs. But they are foreigner friendly. I partied at TimPan (club in Hongdae) it was fun, and the cover there gets you into a couple other clubs right around them. IIRC Go-gos is a fun place too.

If you want to see a large mass of people in one area like you havent seen before, go to Gangnam at night.

Busan is fun, Hae-oon-dae beach is the place to go there. But if your stay is short, just take in all of Seoul and skip Busan.

Your friend that lives there should be able to show you a good time. Is he/she Korean? that will help a lot.

Koreans love to drink. everyday of the week. So if you like to drink, you wont have any problems finding a good time no matter when it is. Soju is called the "creeper" for a reason, so becareful.

I have been to Korea 5 times in the last 3 years, all for vacation. so if you have any questions feel free to PM or hit me up on AIM.

I remember a Korean cowboy bar I used to go to there alot in west Seoul, don't remember the name though.

I was told the cabs were expensive though. Has anyone been to the bridge of no return?

Not sure of the cost any more as it was a "few" years ago, but you can't leave Korea without the experience. If you really want to experience Korea you get your crew to take a cab each and have a cab race. You throw a $5 bill (maybe more now), on the dash of each cab and tell the driver that whichever cab gets to the next stop first gets to keep the bill as a tip. Need to make sure you've had some soju first, however, so you don't pee your pants during the race.

Aaaaah yes soju. You don't have a hangover with that stuff..... You have an experience! Blee256 is right about it being a "creeper".

Aaaaah yes soju. You don't have a hangover with that stuff..... You have an experience! Blee256 is right about it being a "creeper".

Don't do so much as to where you wake up in a tub of ice minus your kidneys.......

Back