Seoul, Korea Incheon

You guys stay at the same hotel as us. There is a little entertainment district not too far from the hotel. Go out, turn left and head towards Quiznos. Just keep walking in that direction, and that's about it. There's a decent english website, just google "song do". The Italian restaurant in the hotel is decent and has a good discount.

Good luck and enjoy the blah.... Hope you like that 330

No I'm not a pilot for HAL, however I will be very soon if the stars align right. :D Thanks for all the tips guys, and I'll definitely check out that cab race. haha

No I'm not a pilot for HAL, however I will be very soon if the stars align right. :D Thanks for all the tips guys, and I'll definitely check out that cab race. haha

......cab race all the way to North Korea, or to it's agents in town.......

As long as they don't plan on having any war games and dry runs, the bridge of no return is my number one place to go!

Well, if I stop posting on here for a long time, just assume I'm being held hostage like the scene in that James Bond movie Die Another Day.

One other thing. My information may be dated but when I was there you could travel anywhere outside of Seoul and never worry about crime. People were very friendly.

They are? I heard some don't like American's because they feel they have a higher level of education than we do.

They are? I heard some don't like American's because they feel they have a higher level of education than we do.

My experience was, generally speaking, that the younger crowd in the cities were the only ones who may not genuinely like Americans or our military presence there. Out in the countryside, many of the older generation in villages either experienced or are educated on the Korean conflict of the '50s, and are much more cordial and friendly towards Americans. Of course, in the city it's easier to experience or run into the "ugly American" of drunk and disorderly, etc; than you would in the countryside.

One other thing. My information may be dated but when I was there you could travel anywhere outside of Seoul and never worry about crime. People were very friendly.

Still the same, at least in Busan it was and it was the second largest city in S. Korea with 4.5 million people. I accidentally left my iPod in my car, window down, parked in a beach town...still there hours later. A single female could walk down a dark alley at night and not worry. I didn't worry as I'm a big guy anyway, bigger than 98% of the Koreans I saw but it is a safe place to be. On the subways, not trash, no grafitti, etc. Went to a baseball game, no checkpoints, nobody stabs each other, nobody jumps another person, etc. There is crime but it's small and well contained. Crazy really. The cops carry little pepper guns. I was in a bar when a Korean dude got drunk and bar gave him free beer to make him happy but he got worse so they called the cops. They show up, he throws a chair, takes a swing at a cop and they handcuff him, put him in the car. About 10 minutes later, here he comes down the street back to the bar...the cops just dropped him off a block away lol

Their kids certainly have more education, especially in math and science but is it higher? Their kids go to day school, night school, school in the summer but with all that education, they seem to lack simple things....like SA, common sense, etc. It's the land of the strange and after a year, I never quite understood the Koreans. Love their food, I tell you that. They eat very healthy, not a whole lot of fat Koreans....rice 3-5 times a day, fish, veggies.

......cab race all the way to North Korea, or to it's agents in town.......

Just make sure your cab has the yellow stripes and youll be fine

Their kids certainly have more education, especially in math and science but is it higher? Their kids go to day school, night school, school in the summer but with all that education, they seem to lack simple things....like SA, common sense, etc. It's the land of the strange and after a year, I never quite understood the Koreans. Love their food, I tell you that. They eat very healthy, not a whole lot of fat Koreans....rice 3-5 times a day, fish, veggies.

During school testing there is pretty much a country wide TFR. Explains alot.

huh? what yellow strip? But that does remind me, dont go into the black cabs. They are called luxury taxi and are more expensive.

Amusingly enough most mobeom taxis do have a yellow stripe on a black paint job. They are more expensive but the driver probably speaks English. In a regular taxi, no way. Most taxi drivers do not expect tips and will probably think you're an idiot American who either can't count (paid too much) or are trying to show off.

Good tips and what to do and where to go. I'm definitely stoked to leave next week.

When you check into your hotel get a card from the front desk that has the address on it, you can give this to the normal non-English taxi drivers and they'll know where you need to go. Easier than trying to explain.

Also on the normal taxis it is not uncommon for the taxi, while driving you to your destination, to pull over and pick up another passenger that is going in the same direction. If you don't want this, take the black taxis.

Then I'll feel like Chris Tucker in Rush Hour 2 for sure. lol Thanks for the heads up SpiraMirabilis.

Back