Oh United XIX - Open Door Policy

Dumb move, but it's not the end of the world.

I don't know, maybe I'm due for my testosterone shot or something.
This seems like a nothing burger but at the same time not sure why as capt you'd let this happen. You know it won't go well.
Seems like a pretty big deal to me. Blatantly regarding company policy and allowing random people in the flight deck while in cruise seems like a poor chain of decisions. On top of all of that, allowing it to be filmed. We don't allow FAs to sit in the seat during breaks, much less a passenger.

Thanks. I didn’t see anything in general and also did a search and nothing came up. This doesn’t even seem like the correct sub forum for this thread.

Thanks. I didn’t see anything in general and also did a search and nothing came up. This doesn’t even seem like the correct sub forum for this thread.
Seems like a good General Topics type post, doesn’t it?

Well, I haven’t done much strong arm moderation to enhance my reputation lately, and I’m stalling doing work around the house, so here we go…to GT!

1713651346487.gif

Reactions: HJB
Do you have a link for more information that isn’t YouTube?
BBC, NYTs, Reuters, etc. You know, all the real, expensive journalism sources that Unmediated Anti-Socials scrape and redistribute for free profit.

Nothing burger?

Aeroflot 593
Yeah, but that was a drunk Russian with a kid in the seat (or was that the other drunk Russian?). These guys were both REAL 'Muricans... I guess. You can kinda tell by how much they liked Baseball.

Last edited:
The southern accent makes me think subsidiary-Continental pilat.
Well, it really IS Continental. They just kept the United name 'cause it's more inclusive, soothing, and accepting... as is evidenced right here! They accepted someone into the cockpit flight deck during flight.

Back