Merger Blocked

So Spirits negotiation’s team apparently said due to the company’s poor financial position and that they are not in a position to agree to an extension of all terms of the previous Agreement, with only changes to pay. They stated since they have been offering unpaid leaves to other employees and that giving DXRs raises on an expired contract at this time would not be "good optics"….
Since when do companies care about “good optics”? I’m sure the passengers who pay 40 bucks to fly on Spirit dont.

If you’re at Spirit right now, the best time to leave was 2 years ago.
The next best time to leave is now.

Your airline has a dismal future, and quite possibly no future. Every day you spend on Spirit’s seniority list is a day less you have on your next airlines seniority list. There’s a very real possibility Spirit is liquidated. It would benefit to get out ASAP. I can understand waiting for the merger, but that ship has sailed and your ship is taking on water fast. If you wait till the end, the hiring environment may have dried up and you’ll be fighting for jobs with the rest of your seniority list.
Even in good times the current management there is not your friend, and would fight tooth and nail to ensure you get the bare minimum.
Good luck to all.

I fear you may be correct, which is a shame as I do like Spirit, no frills and all. Honestly, I feel like if the shareholders hadn't been talked into spurning the F9 merger for B6, that one may have been approved - or would at least have faced less resistance from the government IMO. Time will tell what happens next, I guess.

looks like from the quarterly earnings call, jetblue at least has a plan b if the merger doesn’t go through. spirit on the other hand..
what is plan b? i've read different things but did hear q4 ended positively

If you’re at Spirit right now, the best time to leave was 2 years ago.
The next best time to leave is now.

Your airline has a dismal future, and quite possibly no future. Every day you spend on Spirit’s seniority list is a day less you have on your next airlines seniority list. There’s a very real possibility Spirit is liquidated. It would benefit to get out ASAP. I can understand waiting for the merger, but that ship has sailed and your ship is taking on water fast. If you wait till the end, the hiring environment may have dried up and you’ll be fighting for jobs with the rest of your seniority list.
Even in good times the current management there is not your friend, and would fight tooth and nail to ensure you get the bare minimum.
Good luck to all.
very sad to hear about all this. wishing the spirit dx'ers the very best in their efforts

Both B6 and NKS leadership need to loudly trumpet a new plan of action (respectively) and how they're going to execute it. Repeatedly.
In a tough situation like these two airlines face, what would Herb Kelleher do? He'd get out in front of everyone, take the hits and communicate, communicate, communicate. B6 and NKS have to re-learn to survive as separate entities.

IMG_0402.jpeg

Both B6 and NKS leadership need to loudly trumpet a new plan of action (respectively) and how they're going to execute it. Repeatedly.
In a tough situation like these two airlines face, what would Herb Kelleher do? He'd get out in front of everyone, take the hits and communicate, communicate, communicate. B6 and NKS have to re-learn to survive as separate entities.

Looks like NKS is too far gone with what’s been shared.

1706934437041.png

Back