Merger Blocked

I choose the remain optimistic. Sure the path for us at spirit isn't clear at the moment, but there is always a light at the end of the tunnel.
I believe in the economy, that if any airline wants to grow they will have to gobble up another. we are ripe for picking... F9/NK was always the best combo in my opinion. and probably would have gone through given the like minded business structures. So we shall see what the future holds.
The prophet of the one true merger has spoken. I believe!

Lol, until the next installment of Dune comes out in March... only a few will understand the reference. Few have seen the original movie and fewer still have read the series.
I know....Heresy

Not yet. TWU on site, just go union and you guys don’t need to worry. You guys can just put language in for pay review every 2 years if you are that worried about it.

They’re just trimming fat. Same thing Delta did back in November. They overhired for a few positions during the post-COVID hiring rush. Dispatch staffing is fine. Apparently there was barely any interest in TWU from the majority of the group anyway.

As soon as the merger was blocked TWU said cya and canceled the in-house visit.
Do you really think that?

The terms of TWU being on-site were always advertised as "until the merger is decided." I don't know how anyone on either side could think TWU would go through the effort of being here then just give up because the merger was blocked. The TWU was against the merger before the agreement, and if it had been approved it's almost a given PAFCA would've been the group's representative.

So Spirits negotiation’s team apparently said due to the company’s poor financial position and that they are not in a position to agree to an extension of all terms of the previous Agreement, with only changes to pay. They stated since they have been offering unpaid leaves to other employees and that giving DXRs raises on an expired contract at this time would not be "good optics"….

So Spirits negotiation’s team apparently said due to the company’s poor financial position and that they are not in a position to agree to an extension of all terms of the previous Agreement, with only changes to pay. They stated since they have been offering unpaid leaves to other employees and that giving DXRs raises on an expired contract at this time would not be "good optics"….
is publix hiring?

looks like from the quarterly earnings call, jetblue at least has a plan b if the merger doesn’t go through. spirit on the other hand..

If you’re at Spirit right now, the best time to leave was 2 years ago.
The next best time to leave is now.

Your airline has a dismal future, and quite possibly no future. Every day you spend on Spirit’s seniority list is a day less you have on your next airlines seniority list. There’s a very real possibility Spirit is liquidated. It would benefit to get out ASAP. I can understand waiting for the merger, but that ship has sailed and your ship is taking on water fast. If you wait till the end, the hiring environment may have dried up and you’ll be fighting for jobs with the rest of your seniority list.
Even in good times the current management there is not your friend, and would fight tooth and nail to ensure you get the bare minimum.
Good luck to all.

Back