JC, Checking in, level 6500.

Boots2Wings

Just happy to be here.
Hey JC,
Just figured on the off chance you remembered me, or even more so cared ;), I'd check in since it has been quite a while since my "Introduction" and posts of ambitions towards working in this field.
Since originally stumbling across this site, while researching the paths to pilothood last time I was overseas, quite alot has changed. I cannot thank those of you who PM'd, offered advice, and even the devils advocates who responded, enough. I am currently about to go over for another tour of duty with the military (non-flying role unfortunately), but it should be another adventure.
Since signing in on here little over two years ago looking for advice on how to start, I am happy to report that I am well on my way (albeit still quite a ways from the 'real deal') towards the goal I had at one point only thought to be a pipe dream. I am currently a CFI/CFII/MEI and had been working previously for about a year at a fairly busy 141 school. I got my ratings through a few different programs and was lucky enough to make it through them all without any negative marks. Ive only logged about 650TT and about 400 Dual Given, but its been one hell of a ride. I started flying for a few charity organizations (truthfully the most fun Ive had in aviation to date) and had some absolutely amazing experiences in pursuit of this profession. I have dealt with a lot of good, and of course the rather challenging (YAAAAY FAA), but all in all, I am very greatful to have been given the opportunites I have had so far. I cannot recall another job I simply could look out the window during a stressful day, take a deep breath, and go wow "Look at this....How lucky are YOU to be doing this". Im sure the butterflies fade, I know I have had some days where one can only go "WTF?!?!"...but it feels worth it, and I cant help but feel this is what I should be doing. I just had my last flight for a while and I couldnt help but to think of how it all started, and wanted to share my gratitude, as well as, dare I say, my story of relative sucess so far with the people who helped write it. I hope you are all well, and I look forward to lurking in the background until I have worthwhile information to offer. I will miss this all for the next several months, but hey, I gotta pay down that flight training debt right? :)

Ps. I apologize in advance for any grammatical errors in this post, also for its long winded nature.

Back