Industry Turn

Dacuj

With the recent developments of UPS and FedEx reducing their pilot numbers along with Spirit stopping hiring for the near future, it’s time to look at Envoy and what it offers in terms of flow to American Airlines. I’ve said this before and I’m saying it again now. If you had just listened and gotten your foot in the door a while back when I was noting the benefits of working at Envoy and the fast flow to AA, you would be so much closer to that AA seat.

Good news. American has huge retirement numbers and Envoy is going to be hiring and flowing like crazy over the next few years. If you’re FedEx, UPS or Spirit, I would seriously give Envoy a look. You don’t want to be on the outside looking in when the music stops. It’s happened many times in the past and will happen again. Fortunately, American is the best positioned to weather the storm and a secure comfy seat in a 73, Bus, Triple or 78 is where you want to be. Captain upgrades are dropping like a rock at AA which means when you flow, your right seat time will be short. Being wholly owned by American is like buying a rock solid insurance policy. You’ll have NN tailed airplanes to fly in a pure 175 fleet, matching uniforms to AA, Jetnet, DECS and everything else AA has to offer.

Envoy is recruiting now and they are looking for only experienced aviators with solid resumes.

With the recent developments of UPS and FedEx reducing their pilot numbers along with Spirit stopping hiring for the near future, it’s time to look at Envoy and what it offers in terms of flow to American Airlines. I’ve said this before and I’m saying it again now. If you had just listened and gotten your foot in the door a while back when I was noting the benefits of working at Envoy and the fast flow to AA, you would be so much closer to that AA seat.

Good news. American has huge retirement numbers and Envoy is going to be hiring and flowing like crazy over the next few years. If you’re FedEx, UPS or Spirit, I would seriously give Envoy a look. You don’t want to be on the outside looking in when the music stops. It’s happened many times in the past and will happen again. Fortunately, American is the best positioned to weather the storm and a secure comfy seat in a 73, Bus, Triple or 78 is where you want to be. Captain upgrades are dropping like a rock at AA which means when you flow, your right seat time will be short. Being wholly owned by American is like buying a rock solid insurance policy. You’ll have NN tailed airplanes to fly in a pure 175 fleet, matching uniforms to AA, Jetnet, DECS and everything else AA has to offer.

Envoy is recruiting now and they are looking for only experienced aviators with solid resumes.
1699553816750.jpeg

It’s very helpful for all the influencers to pretend they are at mainline.
Say what you want about this but perception goes a long way. If you see an RAH or Air Wisky pilot, you recognize it right away because their uniforms don't match mainline. I was on company business the other day in civvies and stopped by the cockpit to say hi. A jumpseater was already there and I thought he was AA. I didn't even know he was Envoy until he turned in my direction and I noticed the badge. Even the badges are very similar and hard to tell apart. I can't tell you how many guys and gals I've chatted with over the past few years, some still at Envoy, some have flowed. None of them regretted their decision and two I know personally called to thank me for steering them in the right direction. And those that moved to AA, uniform still the same, just very slight variations. There you go.

Say what you want about this but perception goes a long way. If you see an RAH or Air Wisky pilot, you recognize it right away because their uniforms don't match mainline. I was on company business the other day in civvies and stopped by the cockpit to say hi. A jumpseater was already there and I thought he was AA. I didn't even know he was Envoy until he turned in my direction and I noticed the badge. Even the badges are very similar and hard to tell apart. I can't tell you how many guys and gals I've chatted with over the past few years, some still at Envoy, some have flowed. None of them regretted their decision and two I know personally called to thank me for steering them in the right direction. And those that moved to AA, uniform still the same, just very slight variations. There you go.
*Sigh*

So dumb.

Whenever I see a CommuteAir pilot I mistake them for AA mainline as well, since their uniforms are the same color.

If UPS was going to furlough they would have already done so, in my opinion. They wouldn't have taken some off the top instead of the bottom unless it made sense as a business decision.
I hope you’re right, I think you’re right honestly. I’m interested to see how things shape up during Q1 2024. Our peak schedules are bizarre, at least in ONT. A lot of one leg and 20hr layovers and 50-60hr layovers also. Seems like they’re spreading reduced flying over the amount of people we got.

You must be high as giraffe ass… even if someone was going to leave FDX/UPS/NKS for a regional it sure as heck wouldn’t be to a place that isn’t offering DECs and bonuses… seriously… you are like the guy who walks up to a craps table where everyone is winning and loudly asks when 7 is going to be rolled.

Back