Co-Captain forgot medical...BUSTED

Lawyer-up.

Think of it like "insurance".

I have some friends who are with the FAA and, oftentimes (but not all the time), busting pilots is "sport" and most of them are paranoids NOT to bust you because their co-workers will bust THEM for not busting YOU.

A few years ago, I ran into one of these "sporting" types. It was a diplomatic flight and he didn't understand that I had no obligation to provide any credentials other than the DCN (diplomatic clearance number).

"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges".

Last edited:
You can actually go online and print off a temp in like 30 seconds. No need to build a time machine, travel to 1985, rob a copymax and then travel back.
I'm not sure if you can do that for medicals, only pilot certificate. The last time I lost my medical I had to call someone during business hours and they faxed something to me.

With 2014 in mind why the heck is your picture not on your Pilot's License so you don't have to carry yet another item around with you (picture ID). There is no reason that you couldn't bring a passport photo to the FSDO or a DPE and they send it to OKC to put on your license just like you do with a passport. Oh and why do I have a completely separate plastic license for my A&P license even though it is the same number as my Pilot License. Come on FAA you can do better.

Back