I hate the FAA

I just had to reset my password on the MedExpress website. Insane requirements. I had to try about 20 times to get a password that would work in the eyes of the FAA.

I hate them so much.

For everyone that has lost their certificate, and those that will; you can use this link to request a temporary duplicate by email that allows you to exercise privileges until a permanent can be obtained. The temporary issued through this process is good for 60 days.

https://www.faa.gov/licenses_certificates/airmen_certification/airmen_services

Yeah but you can't be issued a new medical for 90 days and the temporary is only good for 60 days. You're kind of F'ed if you lose the medical before the first month. Stuff happens. The fact it's not just available to anyone who needs to verify it online is frankly insane. With blockchain it could be completely secure and instantly verifiable. The FAA inspector could just use a smart phone to scan your ATP certificate and it could pop right up.

But no. We have to carry a paper copy that can not be replaced without obtaining a new medical. For those on special issuance it's a huge nightmare.

Yeah but you can't be issued a new medical for 90 days and the temporary is only good for 60 days. You're kind of F'ed if you lose the medical before the first month. Stuff happens. The fact it's not just available to anyone who needs to verify it online is frankly insane. With blockchain it could be completely secure and instantly verifiable. The FAA inspector could just use a smart phone to scan your ATP certificate and it could pop right up.

But no. We have to carry a paper copy that can not be replaced without obtaining a new medical. For those on special issuance it's a huge nightmare.
Won't faa.gov show that you have a medical? I guess that's not valid enough.

@NovemberEcho, at updates on this?

If you’d rather discuss it privately, I’ll call you on guard in between the meowing and other shenanigans on 121.5

Maybe use fingers? Too bad VHF doesn’t have access to such classics as “magnum” (357.0), “cheerleader” (246.8) and “fat cheerleader” (346.8)…..there’s another “cheerleader” one, but the name is probably too offensive for some here (246.7)

@NovemberEcho, at updates on this?

If you’d rather discuss it privately, I’ll call you on guard in between the meowing and other shenanigans on 121.5

Yeah they’ll probably take my medical. Shortly after this post happened my daughter went into pediatric icu for a week with RVS and I kinda completely forgot about it until after the 60 days had passed so I haven’t submitted anything yet. Oh well. It’s annoying but I haven’t flown since November 2022 and didn’t have any plans to anytime soon.

For everyone that has lost their certificate, and those that will; you can use this link to request a temporary duplicate by email that allows you to exercise privileges until a permanent can be obtained. The temporary issued through this process is good for 60 days.

https://www.faa.gov/licenses_certificates/airmen_certification/airmen_services

Typical FAA incompetence,
the way that site renders on my PC there is a giant what appears to be a drop down selection panel all black, white type that lays on top of any page that I click on, no idea if anything important is hidden by it and it won't go away clicking on free space or anything I can find.

Back