Chart Bags

are you referring to a "flight case"? if so I would look at stopoverstore.com- they have great stuff

There are a bunch of different ones. Scott Leather is considered top of the line but is $250 or so (maybe more). However they are bullet proof and hold up really well. I got mine at the Outer Marker. I think it was around $150. Not too bad and it's held up pretty well for a year now. Other people go to Office Depot and get the cheap on they have ($40 I think) but they don't last more then a year. Not a bad idea to do that and then once you get on second year pay (or a uniform allotment if your company has it) buy the good one.

If you are really interested in one, check out this guy

http://www.bomcrewmall.com/

I had him make a custom case for me, with internal dividers and such, so I could carry my laptop around without needing another bag. 210 bucks delivered. He makes them out of water buffalo hide, smelled a little "different" for about a week.

Some come with wheels, but those styles sometimes do not fit in the kit bag holding areas in the cockpit. I do not ever recommend going on a trip without your overnight bag, so you just attach your kit bag via the strap/hook to the rollerboard.

What is the name of the chart case that pilots pull around and where can I purchase one?

US Luggage makes a vinyl case with wheels, which doesn't fit in the CRJ. They also make a smaller ballistic nylon case that does fit. You can purchase either case at Office Depot/Office Max or ebags.com

Back