Aircraft Model Collection

ZapBrannigan

If it ain’t a Boeing, I’m not going. No choice.
I own models of every airplane I’ve ever flown professionally. My wife tells me that someday she will make me an office where I can display them. Until then, they’re just around the house collecting dust. So here ya go.

Attachments

• IMG_0571.jpeg
    IMG_0571.jpeg
    131.1 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_0576.jpeg
    IMG_0576.jpeg
    805.1 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_0579.jpeg
    IMG_0579.jpeg
    672.2 KB · Views: 73
The fact that yours still have wings and engines tells me you don't have children.

A (childless) colleague of mine has about 40 of them displayed on shelves behind him on Zoom calls.
I have a 17 year old. We only had one incident of damage over the years on the USAir 737

I have wooden models of the regional airliners I’ve flown, and the Challenger. Never got a Hawker of Falcon model, which I should. Design models of the bigger airliners, but my pride is the 330. I bought a 1/100 model and failed to do the math on its size. It’s place is on the coffee table.

Started doing the same thing recently but couldn’t find the exact models for a lot of them, so I resorted to getting model kits and building/painting them. Sometimes it’s an exercise in frustration but it’s been kind of fun too.

I have been meaning to do the same thing. Have most of the models, all in their original shipping packaging because I've never had a "love me" room. Had thought that I'd just wait for the forever home, which would of course have such a room, but now with my garage cleanup/renovation project, all these boxes need to go. So I finally bit the bullet and got stuff to install a floating shelf in our office. I'm just gonna put them up there. Still need to order 2 more models to make it complete. And then I'll hang all my squadron going-away gift framed plaques (the kind with everyone's names, my patches, and a big pic of a plane) underneath. Which will make a perfect cubby to keep storing my airline luggage when I'm not on a trip I guess.

Haha you suck, I bought the stupid "one world" model because it was all that was in stock when my $200 NH store credit expired. I mean, it is really cool looking but not really. My new floating shelves are out for delivery though, so I'll soon have pics for you guys

Haha you suck, I bought the stupid "one world" model because it was all that was in stock when my $200 NH store credit expired. I mean, it is really cool looking but not really. My new floating shelves are out for delivery though, so I'll soon have pics for you guys
I spent my new hire store bucks on the A321 and Christmas presents last year, had to spend my own money on the flying totem pole. I’m not a big model nerd, but it was totally worth it.

10/10 would recommend, I’m tempted to ad the Star Wars Disneyland one to my collection but I can’t find one that isn’t $200.
I almost pulled the trigger last time I was at the company store but it felt like kind of a poser move not having even flown a real 73 yet. I guess I’m not superstitious but definitely a little stitious, maybe I’ll grab it after I pass my line check.

Back