Can we please talk about the weird lights that people are seeing to the west at night?

I saw it heading westbound last week. It was more of a rhythmic pattern where they would appear about every 2 minutes or so then fade away. That one seems more easily explained. The ones I have seen previously in the NE sky are more in the triangular pattern and seem to chase each other and move. Appears to be one group and not flashing of multiple objects as they pass through the area. I dont know enough to make an educated guess on it, so aliens.
That's closer to what I've seen. I'm sure there's some kind of explanation for what it is, but it's so frustrating now because googling anything just comes up with articles about how it's Starlink when it's clearly something else.

I kind of loved commuting out of Vegas. "Well, you know at least ONE person is going to be too drunk/hungover to show up, so that improves your chances right there."

My first thought on that BA 777 engine fire and RTO a few years ago is the poor hung over people in the back. We’ve all had those trips where you collapse into your seat, ready to sleep it off on the way home. Then you find out you’re getting an extra night in Vegas in the worst way possible.

Oh boy… Rogan Bros. Yay, lions not sheep or something. Rawwwwr.
Basically this
FAD3705F-9385-47AE-B2D0-820D996C7771.png

It’s actually a really good movie IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Really good movie. Hits I’ll of the spots… overtly 90s, cheesy, and fun.

Can’t remember the name of it. Arrival? But isn’t that the name of that recent movie with ugly hot chick trying to learn an alien language and because the writing is circular she can go back in time and cuddle her dead daughter or some •?

I am pretty sure it is a bunch of satellites. If you notice a low moon/sun when it happens that would be the cause. It doesn't have to be starlink. It could be a different satellite cluster. That said they appear to be moving likely because they are moving a bit along with autokinesis. Moving parts on the satellites could also be causing the moving effect.

I am pretty sure it is a bunch of satellites. If you notice a low moon/sun when it happens that would be the cause. It doesn't have to be starlink. It could be a different satellite cluster. That said they appear to be moving likely because they are moving a bit along with autokinesis. Moving parts on the satellites could also be causing the moving effect.

They appeared to wiggle but I figured it was either autokinesis or just that I was looking only 10-20 deg above the horizon so the thickest part of the atmosphere.

Back