Basics 7-29

It looks to me the only apartment they added was Isola Bella Apartments. This place looks pretty nice though.
My secondary consideration would be to find a place on the Academy's shuttle route. I suppose you could live anywhere and just drive to one of the shuttle stops and leave your car. Do this at your own risk though - if a bunch of people start doing this, they may begin having vehicles towed.

Any1 else having issues securing housing? I have called every place up to the $54/day price range and nothing till september. Looks like hotel city because I am not paying $60+ per day

On a side note I have had some seriously rude/stupid ladies at some of the places. They either don't know what they have for a waiting list or just say we have nothing and hang up.

Any1 else having issues securing housing? I have called every place up to the $54/day price range and nothing till september. Looks like hotel city because I am not paying $60+ per day

On a side note I have had some seriously rude/stupid ladies at some of the places. They either don't know what they have for a waiting list or just say we have nothing and hang up.

Bushidomatt, I ran into the same problem. Did you try the Extended Stay America-OKC Airport? I have to stay there for about a week prior to going to Walnut Gardens. But I was just told by a FAA employee who works at the MMAC that often hotels will work with you on reducing the lodging fee, especially if there are alternatives. For instance, I will have to pay $49.99 + tax/day at the Extended Stay, but my room at Walnut Gardens will cost $41.20/day. Once I get there, if the Extended Stay would be willing to meet the $41.20 figure, I may end up staying there for the duration. Now, I don't know if they would agree to this, but it would be guaranteed money for the full 3 months or so. We'll see.

Just got a FOL (i was at the LA PEPC) and im slated for the July 29th Basics class. Who else will be in it with me?

I went to the la pepc on the 19th. First one in and first one out, I just called vicki today to check the status of my FOL, and she said everything is cleared, but my backround check. Did you get your FOL after kevin from the faa sent you a fwd email regaurding military clearance? (Btw, I believe is apoke with you on the atcmonitor forums)

conmant I have been delaying the hotels because I assume I can find lodging there no problem. Does extended just have a flat rate for us, or is depending on how long we stay there?

Skiptoomyloo, I was in LA the 18th and I am still waiting on background as well. As of yesterday none of my references had been contacted. But everything else is good to go so I am hopeful for 7-29

I went to the la pepc on the 19th. First one in and first one out, I just called vicki today to check the status of my FOL, and she said everything is cleared, but my backround check. Did you get your FOL after kevin from the faa sent you a fwd email regaurding military clearance? (Btw, I believe is apoke with you on the atcmonitor forums)

I attened the LA PEPC on the 19th also and just got cleared for class. I was offered July 28th class but choose the Sept. 9th class instead.

BTW... What did you mean with "first one in, firt one out"?

hey, im in the 7-29 class and am currently staying at the extended stay america. its ok, if anyone is coming here soon I would be more than happy to split a two bedroom..

I attened the LA PEPC on the 19th also and just got cleared for class. I was offered July 28th class but choose the Sept. 9th class instead.

BTW... What did you mean with "first one in, firt one out"?

Just that I was the first one to finish my interview and be done with the pepc period that day

Just that I was the first one to finish my interview and be done with the pepc period that day

Did you start at 0800? The only reason I ask is I thought I was the first one out for the day. I thought I finished the interview first and was first to all of the additonal stops. I did not have to do the background clearance stuff and was out of there by 1130. The PEPC ladies also said I was the first one done in record time. I just thought I was special :(, lol.

Did you start at 0800? The only reason I ask is I thought I was the first one out for the day. I thought I finished the interview first and was first to all of the additonal stops. I did not have to do the background clearance stuff and was out of there by 1130. The PEPC ladies also said I was the first one done in record time. I just thought I was special :(, lol.

Lol mabey you were then, I was out at like 12. And got there around 8 too. I was seated with 3 other guys

Lol mabey you were then, I was out at like 12. And got there around 8 too. I was seated with 3 other guys

1200 ain't to shaby either. Did you have to fill out the security clearance paperwork on the computer? If you did we can call it a tie because I didn't have to... LOL.

conmant I have been delaying the hotels because I assume I can find lodging there no problem. Does extended just have a flat rate for us, or is depending on how long we stay there?

Skiptoomyloo, I was in LA the 18th and I am still waiting on background as well. As of yesterday none of my references had been contacted. But everything else is good to go so I am hopeful for 7-29

Bushidomatt, the rate I'm paying is $49.99+tax for a one-bedroom. I had to contact Student Services b/c I couldn't find lodging for the one week I needed it. I was informed that they were referring students who were having trouble to the Extended Stay. I would just reserve a room now (no credit card info req'd) so you have some place to stay just in case you can't find FAA approved apartments. If you do find approved apartment lodging, you can always cancel with Extended Stay w/o any penalty. It sucks about the lodging fee being more at Extended Stay, but according to an OKC HR representative, if we stay here for the long term, there's a chance the Extended Stay may meet the price for some FAA approved apartments.

hey, im in the 7-29 class and am currently staying at the extended stay america. its ok, if anyone is coming here soon I would be more than happy to split a two bedroom..

Greggyd82, what rate were you quoted? Do you plan on staying there for the duration of training? Bushidomatt, if you're still having trouble with Extended Stay, try contacting Greggyd82.

what happens if you guys just rent a room you found on like craigslist or something??? can you still get full per diem...im thinking about buying a house close to the academy and would rent a room or 2 at like 10 or 15 a day

what happens if you guys just rent a room you found on like craigslist or something??? can you still get full per diem...im thinking about buying a house close to the academy and would rent a room or 2 at like 10 or 15 a day

You have to live in commercial lodging. The following is a post from another thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acey97
So we have $50 for housing and if we stay somewhere for $30/day we do NOT receive the remaining $20 as part of the per diem?

Here's what the Student Services New Hire Orientation says... not if it's the latest and greatest though!
  • You will be reimbursed for the following travel expenses to attend classes at the MMAC in OKC.
    • Travel from your home of record to OKC
    • Per Diem for you living expenses during your stay in OKC
    • Travel from OKC to your home of record at the completion of training.
  • Students who do not have to travel to OKC (50 miles or less) will not be placed on travel orders and do not qualify for for travel entitlements.
  • While you are in training you will be reimbursed a fixed rate of $79.20 per day.
    • Rate based on 60% of the OKC locality rate.
    • Covers meals, lodging, local transportation, phone calls, and any other incidental expenses.
    • You will not be reimbursed for mileage or gasoline while training in OKC.
    • You must stay in commerical lodging to receive the fixed rate.
  • AT New Hire Students can submit their vouchers to the Travel office in 15 or 30 day increments.
  • Completed travel voucher must be submitted to the Travel Office for reimbursement. Do not use GovTrip to submit vouchers.
  • You must submit a Travel Voucher (SF 1012) to be reimbursed for expenses.
  • Travel questions should be directed to Dana Holliday (405-954-2695) or Michelle Beltran (405-954-7274) in the Travel Office. Do not depend on hearsay or rumor. This could impact your pocketbook!
  • WELCOME TO THE FAA! Enjoy your stay in OKC and good luck in your new career!

Back