Are you happy with your regional?

GabeOms

I've seen so many threads mentioning the problems with their regionals. I was wondering if there is anyone happy with the regional they chose, and what makes it better than most.

For me, I don't think I could've been hired by a better regional. The friends I've met, the fun trips, the travels, eventually being based back home & overall experience have all been great to me. Yes, there have been negatives of course and even though I was on reserve for about 8 years I wouldn't change a thing. Very much looking forward to moving on, but will look back with fondness.

@bike21 that is the company (lowercase c) not your Company (uppercase C).

I really enjoyed my regional's crew mix. We'd stay at the same hotels and on occasion we'd have family dinners and adventures. I miss that.

The new gig, we switch crews every leg. Sometimes I have no idea who the aft 2 FA's are. It's not really a great CRM environment.

I am happy at Compass. Fun crews who are happy to be at work. Overnights in larger cities and flying interesting arrivals. 1 to 3 hour flights. Just long enough to get ready to walk and stretch my legs.
For some reason I thought you were at Hawaiian? By the way your headset is still kicking along though I haven't been kind to it (one ear cup is intermittent)

So far, I'm very happy at my regional. The people have all been absolutely top notch, and the company has treated me -far- better than I expected. I'm still in the "honeymoon" period, but I'm certainly happy so far!

-Fox

Yes. Penair has been good to me. I have made ok money, was home every night, crews have been amazing, maintenance has been outstanding as well, and the flying is awesome.

I am about to be PDX based, and commuting. We will see if my tune changes at all. But it will be an adventure. New base, and new seat.

Well Ive been on reserve goin on 10 months with no hope of getting off anytime soon. I also only fly about one trip a month so I do a lot of Netflix binging. Not really what I expected but I cant say Im in a position to complain.

Well Ive been on reserve goin on 10 months with no hope of getting off anytime soon. I also only fly about one trip a month so I do a lot of Netflix binging. Not really what I expected but I cant say Im in a position to complain.

On reserve at home?

I enjoy the job so far. I'm off year one pay, got lucky when the long training delays meant I was a round 1 line holder a month after IOE, and the job (the flying) is more fun/interesting than expected. Now that I am comfortable with the aircraft, I like flying all three versions of the CRJ. Plus, preflighting a 700/900 and not having to crawl to inspect the gear makes feel like I am finally flying a big boy plane too.

I am already tired of Jepp updates, but I should get issued an iPad within two weeks so those will be gone before long. I'd love to be making more $, but I can pay my bills and have money to invest left over, so I am doing OK.

The only real complaint I have is the decisions by management and uncertainty of the future with regards to recruiting FOs to keep the aircraft deliveries coming. I figure the solution to management's problems is to raise our pay substantially to attract new hires, and if they do that, well, life gets better even if there still aren't many new pilots to be found. I'm content to stay here for now, and reevaluate later this fall or next spring.

Every regional has its issues. Some more than others. Sadly there are some where the mothership wants to run their regionals like it is 2006 and not 2016.

Pretty sure mine is still stuck in 2006. If I was on reserve, my feelings would likely be different.

I like my company and I have talked at least 4 friends into coming here. I got a line right away and am based at home. Great crews, really varied flying across the system with varied overnights.

Back