Where do you expect airlines like Breeze to fit in the payscale?

CJFoxy

Wondering some thoughts. I know Breeze Airways target audience is the small towns. Curious if you think it'll pay like a regional forever or towards the majors? To be honest I don't know what it's intent is and I'm not well versed in this kind of thing. Would you consider airlines like these to be somewhere to make a career out of? Or is the goal to end up at the majors for the big pay? Let me know your thoughts!

They're a start up airline without a union, I wouldn't expect them to have anything ground breaking or matching any of the LCC or ULCC contracts anytime soon

Definitely not a bad start to your career but it's not somewhere most ppl are gonna be lifers at unless cottonwood heights is to your liking

Wondering some thoughts. I know Breeze Airways target audience is the small towns. Curious if you think it'll pay like a regional forever or towards the majors? To be honest I don't know what it's intent is and I'm not well versed in this kind of thing. Would you consider airlines like these to be somewhere to make a career out of? Or is the goal to end up at the majors for the big pay? Let me know your thoughts!
Trust me, breeze is a great airline. Their future plan is rolling in big time, if you guys don't know all those people are from Ex_JetBlue and the airbus 220 are in demand for sure short haul's flight. The blue colors are sexy

I heard their starting pay was more or less similar to the other airline based in UT. Which puts their pay lower than NK even. I've known a few people that have gone on to work there or left there to go to a legacy and they all had good things to say about it though, but like someone else mentioned, unless staying in UT is your thing, it'd be hard to financially justify making a career there, notwithstanding any unionization or a Breeze-initiated pay raise.

I heard their starting pay was more or less similar to the other airline based in UT. Which puts their pay lower than NK even. I've known a few people that have gone on to work there or left there to go to a legacy and they all had good things to say about it though, but like someone else mentioned, unless staying in UT is your thing, it'd be hard to financially justify making a career there, notwithstanding any unionization or a Breeze-initiated pay raise.
Remember the airline is still new in the game, All the upper mgm't. Corp guys are from JetBlue. It has lot of work to do definitely penny pay and more grind. The best suggestion will be join the breeze but just to get experience and then pack the bags. 6 month to 1 years should be max, but don't stuck for forever or you will smashed.

The best suggestion will be join the breeze but just to get experience and then pack the bags. 6 month to 1 years should be max, but don't stuck for forever or you will smashed.

True but with the current hiring trends and forecast, that 6-12 months is looking more like 18-24.

Remember the airline is still new in the game, All the upper mgm't. Corp guys are from JetBlue.

One could argue that Avelo is also in the same boat in terms of being a newcomer but having Dave Neeleman at the helm would seem to be an advantage for Breeze.

True but with the current hiring trends and forecast, that 6-12 months is looking more like 18-24.

One could argue that Avelo is also in the same boat in terms of being a newcomer but having Dave Neeleman at the helm would seem to be an advantage for Breeze.
Avelo was already a part of a shut down airlines before called XTRA Airways... So not sure how's the future it's just a rebranding name change. I heard it's doing okay.

And yet somehow Breeze has managed to have absolutely disastrous financials as reported to DOT.
1708307984277.png

Neeleman isn't the only advantage that Breeze have; but it doesn't really seem to be working all that well for them, regardless. Based on DOT results, they would presumably be close to burning through their startup cash at this point, so would be relying now on whatever additional funding they've secured since then. Airlines have never been a great investment, but it really doesn't look good for anyone invested in Breeze.

Considering the New BusiMan:

The new psy-ops mythologies are seeping into even academia!

Today, I was listening to a neurobiology lecture. The prof was recounting the ’02-ish Kaselnik study that showed Corvids could create and use tools.

In the study, one bird, Betty, became very good at crafting tools to use to retrieve food. Abel, Betty’s crow-partner was not so good. He would just hang out and wait for Betty to do her work and recover the grub.

After Betty got the grub, Abel would swoop in (pardon the pun) and grab it.

After explaining the study, and presumably going for a better rating on RateYourProf (I'm not even going there right now), the “prof” got sucked into the modern sink hole, posing the incredibly inappropriate and myth-supporting question, “So… who’s smarter? Betty or Abel?”

Stealing is not “smart”! It’s just lazy and corrupt and civilization-destroying. Even getting away with crime is usually not a maker of smart. It typically just means you’ve stolen enough to pay enough lawyers to get your ass off so you can continue to steal and continue to be reckoned by the public to be a very smart, very good busy-ness man.

This bunkum of aggrandizing larceny as “smarts” has been promulgated and percolating as a cultural touchstone since at least the Godfather trilogy (“It’s not personal. It’s just business.”).

To see this bunkum being tacitly accepted even at the proper academy level just kind of leaves me reeling. WTF has become of us? Where is this culture going? What is this culture's goal?

Last edited:
Considering the New BusiMan:

The new psy-ops mythologies are seeping into even academia!

Today, I was listening to a neurobiology lecture. The prof was recounting the ’02-ish Kaselnik study that showed Corvids could create and use tools.

In the study, one bird, Betty, became very good at crafting tools to use to retrieve food. Abel, Betty’s crow-partner was not so good. He would just hang out and wait for Betty to do her work and recover the grub.

After Betty got the grub, Abel would swoop in (pardon the pun) and grab it.

After explaining the study, and presumably going for a better rating on RateYourProf (I'm not even going there right now), the “prof” got sucked into the modern sink hole, posing the incredibly inappropriate and myth-supporting question, “So… who’s smarter? Betty or Abel?”

Stealing is not “smart”! It’s just lazy and corrupt and civilization-destroying. Even getting away with crime is usually not a maker of smart. It typically just means you’ve stolen enough to pay enough lawyers to get your ass off so you can continue to steal and continue to be reckoned by the public to be a very smart, very good busy-ness man.

This bunkum of aggrandizing larceny as “smarts” has been promulgated and percolating as a cultural touchstone since at least the Godfather trilogy (“It’s not personal. It’s just business.”).

To see this bunkum being tacitly accepted even at the proper academy level just kind of leaves me reeling. WTF has become of us? Where is this culture going? What is this culture's goal?

TLDR: Be like Abel and swoop in once Breeze gets to major-level pay.

Chances are you’ll miss out on seniority and other bonuses along the way… if they make it that far.

TLDR: Be like Abel and swoop in once Breeze gets to major-level pay.

Chances are you’ll miss out on seniority and other bonuses along the way… if they make it that far.
I get it. It's ALL the universal excuse, TL/DR, excuse these days.

Do you NOT understand that THAT is over half the problem these days???

Read!! Think!!! Question!!!!! Live smart... or die.

Back