Airlineapps ?’s

“Job hopping” is a antiquated idea. You suppose to just fly a Cessna 206 for 4 years, a king air for 3 and a light citation for 5? My ass.

I’v had 6 jobs or so in 7-8 years. Every one I added a larger type rating, made more money, and added good stories and airplanes to my logbook.

I remember my current job the recruiter called me out on it for the first time “well I see you’ve had a lot of jobs over the years”

“Yea, 1 I was laid off, 2 of them I didn’t apply I got recruited, and everyone one of them didn’t have a G650 online, they have all been stepping stones. You have a G650 though. Hopefully it’s my last step for awhile”

Hired.

Still haven’t had anyone ask for my school records though....
I've got them all in a box somewhere. It's mostly useless information now that it's two institutions ago, much like Aperture Aviation is ancient history. I also keep a spreadsheet of this stuff. Ironically, I used to use AirlineApps as a repository for all of this information.

As a general observation, I think some recent events are about to make the disclosure and background processes a little more thorough. At least, any operator worth its salt should be a little more curious.

I've got them all in a box somewhere. It's mostly useless information now that it's two institutions ago, much like Aperture Aviation is ancient history. I also keep a spreadsheet of this stuff. Ironically, I used to use AirlineApps as a repository for all of this information.

As a general observation, I think some recent events are about to make the disclosure and background processes a little more thorough. At least, any operator worth its salt should be a little more curious.

Ahhh. Snapshot. Good times

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was pointed out at a United job fair / open house event that they have the ability to look at previous submitted applications and how you change them.

- For work history, try logging on to your social security account.
- For aviation history I would highly suggest requesting your information from the FAA. You'll receive every single document in regards to checkrides.
- For College GPA, almost every decent school will have a way for you to log on and check out your transcripts as well as seeing GPA.

All of this is part of the game to see how detailed you can be.

With airlineapps, try to get it correct from the get go. Regionals arent as particular with exact dates, but United and Delta want them. Under education history you'll see a drop down for "professional development." For the United interview they specifically ask for all college transcripts to be presented at the interview. For years I simply had my college and high school info listed, but what they want to see is under professional development is every single FAA check ride / type ride entered in. Under the dates put the date you started to train for a particular rating / add-on and the end date be the date that you took the ride and passed. Program degree put "other" and simply type in "Private Pilot Certificate Airplane Single Engine Land/Part 61" or whatever you did it under. This shows how you progressed over time and gives a nice outline to see you overall.

The 2 most common areas of airlineapps that pilots have trouble with are the employment history and flight times sections... Take your time and get them as correct as you can.

There are a lot of other small factors that can play a big part in getting your app scored appropriately too. Many of them are glossed over by guys filling out the app.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to send me a message.

With airlineapps, try to get it correct from the get go. Regionals arent as particular with exact dates, but United and Delta want them. Under education history you'll see a drop down for "professional development." For the United interview they specifically ask for all college transcripts to be presented at the interview. For years I simply had my college and high school info listed, but what they want to see is under professional development is every single FAA check ride / type ride entered in. Under the dates put the date you started to train for a particular rating / add-on and the end date be the date that you took the ride and passed. Program degree put "other" and simply type in "Private Pilot Certificate Airplane Single Engine Land/Part 61" or whatever you did it under. This shows how you progressed over time and gives a nice outline to see you overall.

I have 26 things in my education history, almost all professional development. I would not have had any idea to do this if it wasn't for those before me.

Back