A letter to X Airlines, and ALL Regionals for that matter.

I've hear this… ALL THE DAMNED TIME... "but help me, Derg!" :)
My failing point is that I have a serious problem with asking for help. It takes me a long time to muster up the courage to ask because frankly, every time I do ask, I feel like a failure for not being able to be successful on my own accord. I realize networking in this industry is important but I like succeeding on my own merits. I guess I'm just an idiot.... Now where did I put my pants?

My failing point is that I have a serious problem with asking for help. It takes me a long time to muster up the courage to ask because frankly, every time I do ask, I feel like a failure for not being able to be successful on my own accord. I realize networking in this industry is important but I like succeeding on my own merits. I guess I'm just an idiot.... Now where did I put my pants?

Just keep talking about where you want to go. You never know who is going to read it that may be inspired to help.

I wouldn't want no mini DPs running around until I'm hopefully at a place I can retire (or at least think I can retire..). But that isn't always how the cookie crumbles. It sucks to see gals/guys have to stay because of that, and it certainly doesn't help those below who want to get in and out (great burger btw) that are underneath. It's all cyclical and all connected.

Bottom line: keep hustling everyday. Never know who you'll run into, meet, or brush shoulders with. This world is weird.

I wouldn't want no mini DPs running around until I'm hopefully at a place I can retire (or at least think I can retire..). But that isn't always how the cookie crumbles. It sucks to see gals/guys have to stay because of that, and it certainly doesn't help those below who want to get in and out (great burger btw) that are underneath. It's all cyclical and all connected.

Bottom line: keep hustling everyday. Never know who you'll run into, meet, or brush shoulders with. This world is weird.

The world, indeed is strange. But sometimes @DPApilot, @Gonzo, @drunkenbeagle and @Rocketman99 show up on one of your layovers and treat you to a steak dinner and a trip to the Double Down saloon in NYC and insist your money is no good.

@ChasenSFO - So what you're saying is don't get hired at "Regional", get married, let the wife quit, crank some babies out and bitch about not being able to afford to apply for American or not being able to stick out the $65K starting pay at SouthernJets (and pays near $100K in year 2) and, well, gotta have weekends off because the three year old is a Ju-Jitsu master and has practice? :)
I've hear this… ALL THE DAMNED TIME... "but help me, Derg!" :)
Yep, life happens, and family becomes the priority. But when that happens, you can't expect the world to bend around you, you'll have to make sacrifices to move on or just get out of the industry if you can't. Or better yet, utilize birth control pills.
good_to_great_image.jpg

(cuz I know you love him, Dough)

Yep, life happens, and family becomes the priority. But when that happens, you can't expect the world to bend around you, you'll have to make sacrifices to move on or just get out of the industry if you can't. Or better yet, utilize birth control pills.
good_to_great_image.jpg

(cuz I know you love him, Dough)

I LOVE FROSTED FLAKES!

But effeminate pantless tigers with ascots are kind of off-putting.

To be really blunt and concise about it: All OP has really accomplished is ensure an entire industry sector won't look at him, along with pissing off an HR guy or gal who has little control over the airline's compensation practices.

I find neither of these positive things.

Right, but we all FEEL better for what he did.

And FEELING is winning on the internet.

But losing in the real world.

Dr. King didn't just write a letter when he got tossed in the county lockup; holmes continued to get out in the streets.

On Sep 4, 2013, at 7:35 AM, McHiring wrote:
Ash,

Thanks for responding to my email. We’re hoping that better 1st year pay will be included in the contract that’s still being negotiated.

McHiring

HA! Yeah, right.

Back