Can I still get hired?

So could I still go through training and get hired by an airline 7 years from now, since the Feds only do a 10 yr background check? I mean my conviction won't show up then, or will it?

How old were you when you made the threat?

Any interviewer that is doing there job will ask you about this incident. Unless you deliver a JFK speech on how stupid you were etc.etc.etc you will not land the job. If you lie on the interview you probably will be screwed for every interview to come. In all honesty...find a different field and be lucky that you may still be able to fly for a hobby.

So could I still go through training and get hired by an airline 7 years from now, since the Feds only do a 10 yr background check? I mean my conviction won't show up then, or will it?

Remember that if you are a resident alien, you are going to have to be cleared by the TSA to do flight training and a background check will be done. If they find anything, you may not be able to get any certificate at all. As for the 10 year background check, I would count on it showing up.

To get hired by an airline, you are going to have to disclose it on an application and if you don't, I wouldn't plan on being employeed long.

Remember, if there are two applications with equal qualifications but one has a criminal record, the one that is clean will most likely get the interview. You may be able to get an interview if they are desperate for pilots like the recent hiring boom, but you are going to have to work much harder.

Any interviewer that is doing there job will ask you about this incident. Unless you deliver a JFK speech on how stupid you were etc.etc.etc you will not land the job. If you lie on the interview you probably will be screwed for every interview to come. In all honesty...find a different field and be lucky that you may still be able to fly for a hobby.

thats kinda harsh......

you never know, i mean, he could get a yob flying for a smaller airline flying Turbo Vans or something, heck, he could make it to the aerolines, you never know...

short answer, no the deck is already stacked against you.

If you should choose to pursue it anyway

Step 1: go to an Aviation Medical Examiner (find one here) and get a flight physical for the first class medical certificate (what you need to be an airline pilot). Be truthful and honest with them about everything. Don't even think of lying to them, that is a federal offense which is punishable by hefty fines and prison. These physicals typically run between $50-100.

Step 2: Don't even consider anything beyond that until you have a medical certificate in hand. That will be the one determining factor as to whether you can even get a Private Pilot Certificate, let alone a commercial or Airline Transport Certificate. Don't waste any of your money on flight training until you have that.

short answer, no the deck is already stacked against you.

If you should choose to pursue it anyway

Step 1: go to an Aviation Medical Examiner (find one here) and get a flight physical for the first class medical certificate (what you need to be an airline pilot). Be truthful and honest with them about everything. Don't even think of lying to them, that is a federal offense which is punishable by hefty fines and prison. These physicals typically run between $50-100.

Step 2: Don't even consider anything beyond that until you have a medical certificate in hand. That will be the one determining factor as to whether you can even get a Private Pilot Certificate, let alone a commercial or Airline Transport Certificate. Don't waste any of your money on flight training until you have that.

but he only needs a III'd class for the PVT... i think i see where your going though, if he cant get a I'st then it wouldnt even be worth pursuing?

right...Or even just a second class...but yes If he wants to fly for pay, he'd better make sure he's medically fit before spending the money.

but he only needs a III'd class for the PVT... i think i see where your going though, if he cant get a I'st then it wouldnt even be worth pursuing?
I have seen too many guys just get the third class only to be denied for the first or second later on when they needed it.

Find out now before the cash is spent on a career you can't have.

I was thinking the same thing too. But, in a situation such as this one there is a major difference from the 17 to 18.

Sorry bud, but that's not going off your record.

But at the time of my arrest I was not Marandized, as I should've been. I didn't mention it in court because I had no legal counsel to advise me, it was just a video conference court hearing conducted from the jail.

I have seen too many guys just get the third class only to be denied for the first or second later on when they needed it.

Find out now before the cash is spent on a career you can't have.

i would DIE if i couldnt get a I'st!

But at the time of my arrest I was not Marandized, as I should've been. I didn't mention it in court because I had no legal counsel to advise me, it was just a video conference court hearing conducted from the jail.

Wwwwwwaaaayyyy to late for that.

But at the time of my arrest I was not Marandized, as I should've been. I didn't mention it in court because....

Because doesnt matter, you didnt mention it in court so it's heresay.

as far as anyones concerned, you were beaten by the cop and they made the whole thing up and forced you to go along with it.

heresay is heresay, unless you open your mouth, truth or not, it doesnt matter

by the way, did i say heresay?:)sarcasm:)

but i had no legal counsel, what could i have done? couldn't i just get it expunged or sealed so nobody can ever see it, to include the Fed gov't?

That's something that needed to be addressed while all of this was going on. You can pay $10,000 to get it expunged but you can be damn sure the Feds will still see it. Those records can still be easily accessed.

Back