Can I still get hired?

That's something that needed to be addressed while all of this was going on. You can pay $10,000 to get it expunged but you can be damn sure the Feds will still see it. Those records can still be easily accessed.

Wow, where can I get 10K from?

The feds can see anything, i don't think there is anything you can keep from the feds.

Any interviewer that is doing there job will ask you about this incident. Unless you deliver a JFK speech on how stupid you were etc.etc.etc you will not land the job. If you lie on the interview you probably will be screwed for every interview to come. In all honesty...find a different field and be lucky that you may still be able to fly for a hobby.
honestly speaking, you don't have the experience with being interviewed to really say this with such clear definition. remember to keep in line with what you know and not what you haven't yet experienced :)

you really should say "my peers have told me before that..."

are you feeling better?

if it makes you feel any better, i cant hit the bottle either...
oh yea, i'm feeling great!! just keeping the leg up to keep the swelling down. Dealing with the no alcohol thing for now until my doc appt then i should be able to get the ok for *some* type of fun...haha

now why can't you hit the bottle?

Thanks for asking! :)

That's a good question. You can't just say you want something expunged and it's gone. There is a major process as well as a fee that go along with it.

What if I got a pardon or something? Is there anything I can do to get it off my criminal record?

oh yea, i'm feeling great!! just keeping the leg up to keep the swelling down. Dealing with the no alcohol thing for now until my doc appt then i should be able to get the ok for *some* type of fun...haha

now why can't you hit the bottle?

Thanks for asking! :)

Haha, cause im 16... kinda sucks, eh? you have six months, i have 5 years :mad:

What if I got a pardon or something? Is there anything I can do to get it off my criminal record?

what if it never happened?

these things are easier said than done

honestly speaking, you don't have the experience with being interviewed to really say this with such clear definition. remember to keep in line with what you know and not what you haven't yet experienced :)

you really should say "my peers have told me before that..."

It doesn't take a neurosurgeon to figure out that someone that threatened to shoot up a school and obviously has some serious mental issues shouldn't be anywhere near a flight deck. Would you feel ok with Dough going on a flight with this guy as his captain? Or how bout you in the back of the airplane? I know I would not.

The high school excuse gets old btw. I didn't knock a girl up, do drugs, or threaten to kill kids in my class. This should be the norm.

You have a conviction on your record. It is too late to start trying all of this. To be 100% honest with you, you need to accept what has been done and what is on your record. Many people look to get things like this expunged. But in your case, getting it expunged will not get it passed the feds.

It's not the end of the world. It might seem like it to you but trust me, it is not. Just go forward with trying to get your PPL and see how that goes. Take it one step at a time. Even if you might not be able to fly for a living, hopefully you will be able to do so for fun.

Please, ask any questions that you may have. If you would feel more comfortable doing so in a private way, send me a PM.

Qualifying for SIDA access:
Conveying false information and threats -- remember this is probably conducted by the DHLS so they're going to have access to a wide range of information and from what our resident LEO leads me to believe, even expunged/sealed records. No exceptions for causal factors of the incident.

Qualifying for a Medical Certificate (FAA Form 8500-8):
No diagnosis of psychosis, or bipolar disorder, or severe personality disorders.

My opinion:
1. With the depression and/or bipolar, it's going to be a challenge to obtain a medical.
2. If the threat turns up on a background check done by the DLHS (I *think* that's who does the check) and if what the LEO says is accurate, it's going to be a supreme challenge to qualify for a SIDA badge. If you can't qualify to work in the SIDA (basically the secure area at the airport) no one's going to touch that application with a ten-foot pole.

My suggestions:
a. Concentrate on getting healthy.
b. Concentrate on building some low drama time between your high school days and whatever you choose to be your career path.
c. Do this:

Obtaining a Copy of a Criminal History Background Check

Airlines have been conducting criminal background checks of all new and existing employees, looking back 10 years from the date of application, as mandated by the Aviation and Transportation Security Act (ATSA). The potential for abuse and misuse of these background checks is great—and errors undoubtedly will be made in carrying out a task this enormous, which involves hundreds of thousands of workers.

The Delta pilots’ Master Executive Council (MEC) recently issued an alert to all Delta pilots, providing information on how individual flightcrew members may obtain a copy of their criminal background check.

"It’s like getting a credit check before applying for a loan," advises Capt. Dennis Dolan, ALPA’s first vice-president and chairman of ALPA’s Security Task Force. "It costs about $34, and you get an answer back in about 10 days."

You may obtain a criminal history records check (CHRC) in two ways:

1. After completing your fingerprinting through your airline’s human resources department or other party as part of your records check, you can ask that a copy be provided to you via letter.

2. You may also send a written request to the FBI with the following information:

complete name;
date and place of birth;
address;
proof of identification—e.g., copy of driver’s license, passport, etc.;
a complete original set of rolled-ink fingerprints, which may be obtained from any local police department or fingerprinting company listed in the yellow pages of the telephone book (nominal charge of $2 to $10); and
certified check or money order for $18.00 made out to the Treasury of the United States.
Send the request by mail or overnight delivery service to FBI—CJIS Division, SCU-MOD-D2, 1000 Custer Hollow Road, Clarksburg, WV 26306.

You should receive your results in about 10 days. When you receive your record, it should include instructions for disputing an entry. You may then correct the record with accurate information, in a way similar to correcting a credit report.

My conclusion:
If you were able to a qualify for a medical, which is going to take perhaps either a special issuance because of the disqualifying factors listed on form 8500-8, the criminal background check may come up with the threats made during your youth and make you ineligible to pass the required security check.

If your background check turned up clean, which in today's day and age with the additional and mind numbing scrutiny the TSA and DHS takes on pilots AND considering what FiveO said about the realities of clearing a record after 18 years of age, you're still going to get stuck with qualifying for the medical.

This is one of the rare times I ever say this, but I can't see it happening. I'll be more than happy to make a donation to a charity of your choice if I'm proven wrong in the future.

Ooh! And if you're going to insult one of my users, you've got to at least spell the word right! This is a tough crowd, man!

Back