Can I still get hired?

I didn't. I shook my head a lot.
I think the above is more of an excuse to justify ones mistakes from the past by saying everyone was a #### up in high school.

You really did nothing wrong?

If we asked people you knew, would they say the same thing?

I would guess that he didn't do anything wrong to the point of threatening to shoot up a school, use hard drugs, become a male prostitute to hustle drug money, or rape or kill anyone...I didn't either.

I don't think that kids not doing remarkably stupid stuff is actually that rare.

I'll be honest. I would not hire you. If you got busted for pulling a prank on senior day like filling the courtyard with popcorn, i'd laugh and want to hear the story. But threatening to shoot up a school takes it to a whole new level, and crosses a line which most people would never even think about crossing, whether it be a "joke" or not. Be thankful your not serving a jail sentence right now.

Wrong is kinda subjective. Did I get a couple of speeding tickets? Did I throw a jug of kool-aid on my buddy? Did I cut class on Senior Skip Day? Sure. But, I never even thought about doing anything criminal. And, I don't think the vast majority of high-school kids did either.

BTW, are you a bass player?

The kid is also mentally ill, which in and of itself will keep you out of ANY cockpit in the states.

He doesn't stand a chance and should continue to seek medical help for his conditions.
<...>, I was misdiagnosed as being bipolar, and subsequently had another far more qualified shrink tell me that I only had depression. Hell you would too if you had a father who committed suicide when you were younger. But then again maybe you're incapable of comprehending that <...>. And to this day I still dont show any symptoms of bipolar...... .....

<...>, I was misdiagnosed as being bipolar, and subsequently had another far more qualified shrink tell me that I only had depression. Hell you would too if you had a father who committed suicide when you were younger. But then again maybe you're incapable of comprehending that <...>. And to this day I still dont show any symptoms of bipolar...... .....

Man, chill, the worst thing you can do on a forum is make a fool out of your self, just ask MikeOH about me haha.

and i dont think Johnny boy here is a mormon, i think you were going for moron, or maybe someone who looks like Vanilla Ice (haha John).

just chill, when you post something like that, you're bound to get some negative feedback, just dont go off on someone online. look at it this way, you posted something about making a "joke" about shooting a school up and then you go ape #### because someone said something stupid, is this going to help your charater?

in no way am i trying to be a jerk, sorry about what happened to you, we all have stuff that effects us, but that doesnt give us the right to make threats of death, joking or not. and considering one of the requirments to be a ATP is to "Be of good moral character", threats like that arent cool.

pranks can be fun, but you cant cross the line, and it seems you have toed it. thats just my $.02 though

Man, chill, the worst thing you can do on a forum is make a fool out of your self, just ask MikeOH about me haha.

and i dont think Johnny boy here is a mormon, i think you were going for moron, or maybe someone who looks like Vanilla Ice (haha John).

just chill, when you post something like that, you're bound to get some negative feedback, just dont go off on someone online. look at it this way, you posted something about making a "joke" about shooting a school up and then you go ape #### because someone said something stupid, is this going to help your charater?

in no way am i trying to be a jerk, sorry about what happened to you, we all have stuff that effects us, but that doesnt give us the right to make threats of death, joking or not. and considering one of the requirments to be a ATP is to "Be of good moral character", threats like that arent cool.

pranks can be fun, but you cant cross the line, and it seems you have toed it. thats just my $.02 though

Surprisingly well said

Ok... I appologize, I kinda went off on a tangent. But from what I've heard the FAA and FBI/Homeland security only does a 10 year background check, so by the time I'm 28, it shoudn't show up on a gov't background check,right? It also doesn't help that I'm a Resident Alien from Germany, since the gov't is probably gonna do a more thorough background check and find my misdemeanor---disorderly conduct conviction anywaysl; I mean I've always wanted to be a pilot and have family members that have been in the aviation bus. for a long time, so it's only naturally that the progression would be for me to become a pilot. I've kept my nose clean and this is the only charge or conviction i've got on my record. I've been a good boy, and I'd hate for such a small blemish to keep me from becoming a commercial pilot. Am I remorseful for those events: you bet your @@@ I am, and I think about it nearly everyday?!

l<...>, I was misdiagnosed as being bipolar, and subsequently had another far more qualified shrink tell me that I only had depression. Hell you would too if you had a father who committed suicide when you were younger. But then again maybe you're incapable of comprehending that <...>. And to this day I still dont show any symptoms of bipolar...... .....

for all you know John could be the recruter for a major airline/operation. would you want to piss him of all people off?
people here have a lot of friends, some who havent met but would do favors for them.

you're new here, seeing as your username is your first initial and last name, it wouldnt be hove you to say something like that.

think of it this way

you have an interview with Joe.
Joe and John are friends.
throught conversation, Joe mentions to John about an intervied coming up, your name falls in.
John tells Joe about you being a prick.
you've already failed the interview before it started.

make friends here, Pay It Forward is the motto.
coming off strong when asking for advice isnt smart. swallow your pride, say ok and if you have any bad feelings, PM the person, dont post it as a reply for us all (or at least someone like me who hasnt flown for almost a week :banghead:) to critique!

just think before you post, remember this IS Dough's living room....

shoot, i guess i should take my feet off the coffee table, sorry Kristie!

Ok... I appologize, I kinda went off on a tangent. But from what I've heard the FAA and FBI/Homeland security only does a 10 year background check, so by the time I'm 28, it shoudn't show up on a gov't background check,right? It also doesn't help that I'm a Resident Alien from Germany, since the gov't is probably gonna do a more thorough background check and find my misdemeanor---disorderly conduct conviction anywaysl; I mean I've always wanted to be a pilot and have family members that have been in the aviation bus. for a long time, so it's only naturally that the progression would be for me to become a pilot. I've kept my nose clean and this is the only charge or conviction i've got on my record. I've been a good boy, and I'd hate for such a small blemish to keep me from becoming a commercial pilot. Am I remorseful for those events: you bet your @@@ I am, and I think about it nearly everyday?!

Should be fine as a commercial RATED pilot.

for instance.
My good friend works for an Air Taxi service operating out of our airport flying SR22's. when he was younger he received a DUI which he served community service or something to that effect. He's a great guy and funnier than heck, willing to give you the shirt off his back, or in my canse, the peaches from his lunch (haha).
he's in his late 20's or 30's and this DUI from earlier has cost him at least one job interview. he's an amazing pilot but that means poop when you mess up. as he says "if i could go back to that night, theirs a million things i'd do differently" but that's here-say, you know?

Should be fine as a commercial RATED pilot.

for instance.
My good friend works for an Air Taxi service operating out of our airport flying SR22's. when he was younger he received a DUI which he served community service or something to that effect. He's a great guy and funnier than heck, willing to give you the shirt off his back, or in my canse, the peaches from his lunch (haha).
he's in his late 20's or 30's and this DUI from earlier has cost him at least one job interview. he's an amazing pilot but that means poop when you mess up. as he says "if i could go back to that night, theirs a million things i'd do differently" but that's here-say, you know?

So could I still go through training and get hired by an airline 7 years from now, since the Feds only do a 10 yr background check? I mean my conviction won't show up then, or will it?

So could I still go through training and get hired by an airline 7 years from now, since the Feds only do a 10 yr background check? I mean my conviction won't show up then, or will it?

I honestly dont know, but im guessing it could. i believe one of the "?" asked by recruiters/ on the resume is "have you been convicted of XXX?"

so, if you say no and they find out, you're axed, and im sure they can go as far back as they want, it all depends. again this is all my own $.02, but i remember questions as that on TZ's resume's.

remember man, Big Brother's always watching! they can do anything they want!:sarcasm: (but that may be true haha)

Back