Being hired with not-so great military history

How about we change the conversation? Enough with the military debates already. I've gotten some good feedback so far it seems in regards to the cadets here. What's the majority opinion here on cadets vs. RTP? Or for that matter, cadets vs. random Part 135 aviators? I will be the first to say that the RTP guys are terrific at their rotary positions in the military. As Part 135 aviators are generally very good in their niche. In regards to the university cadets, I've personally found that the RTP, 135 or even 91 guys don't even come close to measuring up in from day one in training. Think about it. Cadets are trained and geared for Part 121 flying from the day they show up at university. 4 years of this environment prepares them to be as ready as possible and they hit the ground running.

How about we change the conversation? Enough with the military debates already. I've gotten some good feedback so far it seems in regards to the cadets here. What's the majority opinion here on cadets vs. RTP? Or for that matter, cadets vs. random Part 135 aviators? I will be the first to say that the RTP guys are terrific at their rotary positions in the military. As Part 135 aviators are generally very good in their niche. In regards to the university cadets, I've personally found that the RTP, 135 or even 91 guys don't even come close to measuring up in from day one in training. Think about it. Cadets are trained and geared for Part 121 flying from the day they show up at university. 4 years of this environment prepares them to be as ready as possible and they hit the ground running.

No

No.

This falls entirely under play stupid games, win stupid prizes. It's going to take you a few threads of not posting crazy talk to win back some respect.

Go easy guys, he probably had friends who fell asleep face down in the muck
88DE473B-D29F-47A9-96AD-3D50E53ADF79.jpeg

How about those with a Bachelors degree from Jet University, how do they measure up?

How about those with a Bachelors degree from Jet University, how do they measure up?

I'm not really sure what you are getting at here but I'm speaking of cadets that are affiliated with bona fide pipeline universities. These universities undergo a rigorous review by the carrier that it is affiliating with. The carrier wants to ensure that the training delivered prepares them for all aspects of 121 flying from day one of training. That's the reason these guys show up so prepared and understand completely all the concepts. Unlike an RTP guy for example. This guy has been flying "the military way" that has nothing to do with 121 flying. It's a whole learning curve to get the guy there. Not to mention, they've been flying helos which is totally different animal and another learning curve and transition. In addition, in the past I've seen a carrier be patient and get the RTP guy up to speed and finally after a period of time, he gets it. Then, he drops a 2 week notice to go to a place like Frontier or Spirit. Seriously. Leaving a flow to AA for example for a bottom of the barrel outfit AFTER the carrier was so gracious in extending every courtesy possible to get them to where they needed to be. Meanwhile, the cadets have grasped the concept on day one and MAY even be junior to an RTP guy in his class. Fortunately at some places this has been fixed with the cadets being at the top of the seniority list of the class drop. It's absurd though that the cadet may be further ahead of an RTP guy hired 3 months ago who is still struggling. That's my whole point.

I'm not really sure what you are getting at here but I'm speaking of cadets that are affiliated with bona fide pipeline universities. These universities undergo a rigorous review by the carrier that it is affiliating with. The carrier wants to ensure that the training delivered prepares them for all aspects of 121 flying from day one of training. That's the reason these guys show up so prepared and understand completely all the concepts. Unlike an RTP guy for example. This guy has been flying "the military way" that has nothing to do with 121 flying. It's a whole learning curve to get the guy there. Not to mention, they've been flying helos which is totally different animal and another learning curve and transition. In addition, in the past I've seen a carrier be patient and get the RTP guy up to speed and finally after a period of time, he gets it. Then, he drops a 2 week notice to go to a place like Frontier or Spirit. Seriously. Leaving a flow to AA for example for a bottom of the barrel outfit AFTER the carrier was so gracious in extending every courtesy possible to get them to where they needed to be. Meanwhile, the cadets have grasped the concept on day one and MAY even be junior to an RTP guy in his class. Fortunately at some places this has been fixed with the cadets being at the top of the seniority list of the class drop. It's absurd though that the cadet may be further ahead of an RTP guy hired 3 months ago who is still struggling. That's my whole point.

tenor.gif

I'd say Envoy's flow is becoming bottom of the barrel and I'm shocked this kid still acts like he's got a golden ticket.

Back