Being hired with not-so great military history

The funny irony is, that one of the guys I used to work with, former Chinook warrant prior to he and I working together, followed his dream of wanting to fly airlines and jumped on the whole Envoy deal to get fixed wing flight time and go into RJs, and I imagine a flow to AA. And he just got hired at Spirit. Wonder if that is who is being referenced here? :)

The funny irony is, that one of the guys I used to work with, former Chinook warrant prior to he and I working together, followed his dream of wanting to fly airlines and jumped on the whole Envoy deal to get fixed wing flight time and go into RJs, and I imagine a flow to AA. And he just got hired at Spirit. Wonder if that is who is being referenced here? :)

Tons of us are going to Frontier and Spirit. I almost did and would have been happy with it. Heck, Frontier is basically RTAG Airlines at this point. Whether making it a permanent home, or using it to get one more step up, there’s little point for military pilots to wait on a flow. With their growth, those guys are probably going to enjoy better relative seniority than where I’m at.

Tons of us are going to Frontier and Spirit. I almost did and would have been happy with it. Heck, Frontier is basically RTAG Airlines at this point. Whether making it a permanent home, or using it to get one more step up, there’s little point for military pilots to wait on a flow. With their growth, those guys are probably going to enjoy better relative seniority than where I’m at.

Frontier, renamed APTAP Airlines. :) :)

how long has Envoy’s flow timeframe been?

Lol this thread has got me like....
1622863480447.gif

I don't know who your friend is but I wasn't referencing anyone in particular. Just that I've seen this over and over from the RTP guys. It's truly unfortunate that your friend made such a bad decision. If he was at Envoy, then he already had a job with the biggest network legacy carrier in the world and he gave it up to fly for.....Spirit? It's difficult to know what causes people to make these decisions but I can tell you that I've never seen a cadet make this kind of move.

I don't know who your friend is but I wasn't referencing anyone in particular. Just that I've seen this over and over from the RTP guys. It's truly unfortunate that your friend made such a bad decision. If he was at Envoy, then he already had a job with the biggest network legacy carrier in the world and he gave it up to fly for.....Spirit? It's difficult to know what causes people to make these decisions but I can tell you that I've never seen a cadet make this kind of move.

Everyone I know who flies for Spirit is happier than everyone I know who flies for American. Everyone I know at Envoy is miserable unless they really like taking planes into the grass.

Everyone I know who flies for Spirit is happier than everyone I know who flies for American. Everyone I know at Envoy is miserable unless they really like taking planes into the grass.

Also, at Envoy you don't have a job at American until you actually flow. But then I'm sure there's no chance Envoy could meet the same fate as RegionsAir, Skyway, Comair, ASA, ExpressJet, TSA, Compass, etc. before you have the chance to flow.

One of my sim partners in the past was an RTP pilot. Dude was solid, no entitlement, great attitude and willing to learn the ways of 121 without much negative transfer. I’d say to group RTP vs cadets as a whole isn’t the right way to go about it, you’ll have stand up individuals and you’ll tools in both groups.

Yeah this place is pretty chill.

Less chill this summer, I would reckon, based on the amount of flying they’ll be doing (2019+ levels anticipated), but still pretty chill overall. I like to joke I’m the most uptight son of a bitch we’ve ever hired, except it’s not really a joke, but if even a grumpy bastard like me is happy on average at and with work, then you know it must be a pretty good deal.

I’m not sure I’d like working for the double-ace. Which would have happened had I stayed put at ENY.

Also, at Envoy you don't have a job at American until you actually flow. But then I'm sure there's no chance Envoy could meet the same fate as RegionsAir, Skyway, Comair, ASA, ExpressJet, TSA, Compass, etc. before you have the chance to flow.

Well I mean technically based on his logic on millitary background he already has a background as an American Airlines pilot.

Shhhhhhh

Let me enjoy.

Carry on @Dacuj

@Dacuj

You're making a lot of statements with very little credibility to back them up. What, exactly, is your background that you feel so confident in your position? If it's anything like your "military background" that's going to be a really hard hill to hold.

@Dacuj

You're making a lot of statements with very little credibility to back them up. What, exactly, is your background that you feel so confident in your position? If it's anything like your "military background" that's going to be a really hard hill to hold.
He got booted from APC. Don’t give it a new host.

He got booted from APC. Don’t give it a new host.
Ugh, you're right. Can't believe I wasted my time with this crap. That guy couldn't find his way out of a wet paper bag with a knife, a flashlight and you holding one end open for him.

Back