What we got out of NJC/ACE

For the 'N', how about Namaste? It's ancient Sanskrit, has deep spiritual meaning, and literally translates as "I bow to you," which is in essence the earliest known way to say "Pay It Forward". That's as close as I can get to saying "Jetcareers" in a word that isn't "Jetcareers".

To get more specific, you'd need a gender. I've always like the name 'Nadia', which is the westernized version of 'Nadya', which is derivative of "NADEZHDA", which is "Hope" in Russian. Hope is a good concept of Jetcareers.

Thanks Dude, I like the way you think! And Nadia/Nadya is actually on our list of serious possibilities.
That is so full of WIN there aren't even words for it!

Congrats on the upcoming arrival :)
Thanks! We feel like winners:D

Technically, I don't think it was during, but if so, score one for stealth! :)
Cloaking device was engaged. Remember the bed rotating with nobody on it...

evidentally you were having far too much fun at the party. congrats
"far too much fun"?.... does not compute.

Name it Doog Tyler.
Done!!!

What a great little souvenir of Las Vegas!

Congrats!

Joe
Yes, the best souvenir of Vegas possible (only second to scoring a job on the spot) and certainly beats our little "Blue Man Group" fridge magnet.

And Doug... Quit stealing my thunder: FB- "Aviation Career Expo makes a baby" WTH? ;);)
Mpenguin1 - You're right... we are the only ones with official proof we got lucky at NJC!

Anyway... Wow. Thank you, Thank you all!!
Some pretty good name suggestions in there as well as some witty, smartass comments. Love it!:clap:
I don't know how much longer she'll continue letting me think there's a chance in hell of getting the initials NJC, but we're having fun for now. I'm hoping to at least get away with the nickname "Ace".

Do we even want the kid to know she/he was made in Vegas cause we went to meet a bunch of pilots? I'll have to find a better way to spin that in 15 years.

I'm hoping DutchGirl will quit lurking and get on here herself soon.
We'll definitely be back next year as Spasekace +2!

A kid. That's what. Baby #1 on the way and more than likely conceived:rawk: between 10/16 - 10/20.

Now we need some name suggestions to create the initials N.J.C. Our last name starts with "C" so we got that covered. what about N & J? Problem is, we don't know the sex yet and won't for some time. So, keeping both possible outcomes in mind, have at it.

And no, "Jetcareers" is not an acceptable middle name (I tried, but the rant ended with her saying something about 'over her dead body').:dunno:

Oh, and we also had a great time, met some awesome folks, talked to my dream jobs' recruiter, can't wait to do it again next year, blah, blah, blah...

Wait - were you and your wife volunteering at the Career Expo? It's hard to match the face with the name and I'm really bad with names.

Congrats! Way to take advantage of being in Vegas!!!

Wait - were you and your wife volunteering at the Career Expo? It's hard to match the face with the name and I'm really bad with names.

Congrats! Way to take advantage of being in Vegas!!!
Ok already here I am coming out of the dark shadows of reading JC over spasekace's shoulder.
Yes we did volunteer, we were behind the counter at the careerfair. It was really nice to meeting you and everybody else there.

Thank you all for the congrats and name suggestions (not to sure if I'll let spasekace talk me into this NJC name idea but keep up the good work):clap:

Thank YOU, DutchGirl!

If not for you guys, the event would have gone down in flames, big time.

Congrats on the addition! :) When in the world did you two have time?! :)

Ok already here I am coming out of the dark shadows of reading JC over spasekace's shoulder.
Yes we did volunteer, we were behind the counter at the careerfair. It was really nice to meeting you and everybody else there.

Thank you all for the congrats and name suggestions (not to sure if I'll let spasekace talk me into this NJC name idea but keep up the good work):clap:
So thats how they had the baby! They made a baby behind the counter!

My vote is for Nick James. Then he can go up to his friends and say "I'm Nick James, bitch." And they can say "Dude, what is that? Like 20 years old?"

My vote is for Nick James. Then he can go up to his friends and say "I'm Nick James, bitch." And they can say "Dude, what is that? Like 20 years old?"

One of my buddies that used to work for "the company" that now works for your company has that name.

Back