Opinions or throughts on what to do with my experience

Ever thought of working in airport management? My last gig at TPA - we had a team of 18 marketing/communications/design folks.

Why would a corporate operator 91 care you have an MBA, they are hiring a pilot. If you applied for a marketing job at a large 121 or 135 you are being hired in marketing and fly on the side as a hobby. And if you find a corporate job doing both you better get paid for doing both, because the owner, you know the guy with millions just saved a ton of money. I think you just realized you have a road to choose and want to succeed without anymore sacrifice. Good luck.

If you want to fly airplanes, fly airplanes.

I’d rather have two jobs that entertain one side apiece, than one that is both, personally.

Last gig at TPA? Did you move on to something that requires a commuter plane? ;)

Almost! Was about to accept an offer with the private firm that runs SFB, which would have made having a C150 very convenient as my family would have probably stayed in Tampa. Instead, another airport out of state made me an offer that I accepted. Keeping it on the down low a bit longer, though.

Almost! Was about to accept an offer with the private firm that runs SFB, which would have made having a C150 very convenient as my family would have probably stayed in Tampa. Instead, another airport out of state made me an offer that I accepted. Keeping it on the down low a bit longer, though.

BDL! We need out of the dark ages here!

are there any other regionals that are similar (maybe not all out-and-back, but maybe a higher percentage or majority?)

Late to the party here but there are some, they aren't like the other regionals, per se. Both Empire and Mountain Air Cargo can get you 121 time and you can live in base and out-and-back, although you either have to fly through the night or just sleep in a hotel 4 nights a week but be home during the day every day. I did the later and the QOL was out of this world. There's a San Juan airline that says they do all out and backs...I imagine Ohana doesn't do overnights. Anyway, there are some out there, but they also come with their drawbacks (not jet time, low hour routes, for example), however, people definitely have gone from places like the FedEx feeders I mentioned to Allegiant, although it's a process of probably up to 5 years.

Back