What is the oldest career changer?

ComplexHiAv8r

Seen multiple people mention that in their 30's thinking of jumping and know a few early 40's that did.

Who's the oldest career changer?

Thanks Dawg. I'm often seen in various bars in the south Orange County or the greater Spokane areas. Sorry we never hooked up when you were driving to SoCal. I wish you the best at your new endeavor and hope it works out for you.

I did college on the GI bill and finished at 31. I'm starting to wonder how people pay for ratings and college on loans and then take a job dropping skydivers for $12 an hour? For people with a wife/kids and 300 hours with a CFI ramen noodles would seem spendy.

My mentor is about to retire as a 65'er from a major next month. He's going to go back to fixing lawn mowers, the job he had 25 years ago during his last furlough. Does that count?

I was at a job fair this past weekend and was told by a Captain at PSA that they have a gentleman in their current class that is 60 years old.

Judging by the way my training is coming along - looks like it will be.

Shiftace said:
Judging by the way my training is coming along - looks like it will be.

Keep at it! I'm doing a cannonball into the pool next week. Told the boss at my company what i think of the job so hope it works out. I'll show him! I'll sleep with his secretary/wife this weekend. 8)

I know a guy who got a regional gig at 54, back when Age 65 was still a rumor. Heck, I know a lady who got on with RAH at 64 1/2 and the head of HR lost her job for not breaking the law and asking.

falconvalley said:
I know a guy who got a regional gig at 54, back when Age 65 was still a rumor. Heck, I know a lady who got on with RAH at 64 1/2 and the head of HR lost her job for not breaking the law and asking.

Didn't have to ask. The request for DL info has your DOB on it. Just have to know where to look. Passport does too.

Back