VOLCEX 12/01

Srincek7

Hello,

who did participate to this volcanic ash international simulation?

What about your observations?

eheh like me in the 2010 .. I know what u mean.. bad days...^^

but for example how you consider:

1. Approximate Flight Level of top of the ash cloud to safely overfly

2. Approximate NM Distance safely to overfly

Taking into account 1 engine/De-press. scenario both would depend on aircraft type and flight levels flown, weight, winds etc but some estimate figure(s) would be appreciated data can be used to estimate better expected loads in various scenarios.

3. Also for how long your AO would consider validity of AIREP

and others technical considerations for the planning?

Never did that simulation, spent alot of time last year actually routing through real ash clouds :)

I sure hope you didn't route THROUGH ash clouds!?!? Hopefully AROUND said ash clouds ;)

Mt. Popocatepetl has been screwing with many of our flights to central Mexico near Puebla for a month now. Thing won't let up.

I sure hope you didn't route THROUGH ash clouds!?!? Hopefully AROUND said ash clouds ;)

Mt. Popocatepetl has been screwing with many of our flights to central Mexico near Puebla for a month now. Thing won't let up.

Haha ya should have chose my words better. It was most definitely around them.

eheh like me in the 2010 .. I know what u mean.. bad days...^^

but for example how you consider:

1. Approximate Flight Level of top of the ash cloud to safely overfly

2. Approximate NM Distance safely to overfly

Taking into account 1 engine/De-press. scenario both would depend on aircraft type and flight levels flown, weight, winds etc but some estimate figure(s) would be appreciated data can be used to estimate better expected loads in various scenarios.

3. Also for how long your AO would consider validity of AIREP

and others technical considerations for the planning?

I don't recall the website off hand but I have it at work. It provides us with detailed analysis of ash clouds, (density at altitude, direction ect.) and with that info and our GOM specifications of how close and how high above or low below the clouds we can get around around them.

Back