This Is What Aviation Is About

Man Alex, you always get to do the most awesome things....and here I am flying boxes in the middle of the night.:rolleyes: Keep it up man!:)

I'd settle for that. Hell, I'd be THRILLED with that!

27 years old and lost everything because if my commitment to aviation (and an ex). I'd be happy to have the gas money to drive to the airport to WATCH planes.

Alex, you're damned lucky bro. Live it up!

I am still not 100% sure of the process, but you can apply for a slot as a civilian once you have a few items completed. If you pass the interview and the medical, you will go to OTS.

Alex.

Do you have a 4 year degree?

Awesome story by the way. You are definitely living your life the way I wish I had lived mine when I was your age.

Excellent adventure!! Thanks for sharing.

Best of luck with getting a C-5 slot. Just curious, why that aircraft over all the others the military has to offer?

Best of luck with getting a C-5 slot. Just curious, why that aircraft over all the others the military has to offer?

Haha everyone in the military I have talked to has asked me that same question. If you lined up every airplane the AF has to offer and said pick one you would like to fly, the C-5 would be at the top of my list, followed by the C-17 and B-52. I grew up 25 miles south of a C-5 base and have flown on them three times. I have just always loved the airplane. Fighters have never really appealed to me.

Alex.

Alex, you da man.

Keep it up! I can only dream of doing the things you've already accomplished!

If you're ever in the YIP area hit me up!

Ryan

Alex

Excellent story as always.

Add in another request for a PIREP on the B-25!

On the B-29 page was Paul Tibbets' signature, and the signatures of the entire crew of both the Enola Gay and Boxcar; the two B-29s that dropped the atomic bombs.

The B-29 that dropped the second atomic bomb is actually named Bockscar after the aircraft commander Frederic Bock. :)

Incredible...awesome story bro! There is B-25 they keep down in Galveston and I have always been in awe of the amount of oil that thing leaks (this thing had 5 gal buckets under each engine!)

Back