That's weird!

derg

Apparently a "terse" writer
Staff member
That\'s weird!

I thought there'd be more questions, but I guess not! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Re: That\'s weird!

Questions...O.k.

How is the new Captain doing with the mult. leg trips? What does he think of this camera/web/email technology thingy you've been doing this trip? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Do you find the passengers much different on the red-eye? Drink some good coffee and you'll be just fine. Too bad Starbuck's isn't open in the terminal. Oh well, hotel coffee will have to do.

[ QUOTE ]
Questions...O.k.

How is the new Captain doing with the mult. leg trips?

[/ QUOTE ]
He's doing amazingly well. I have to read the checklist slowly, doublecheck the paperwork often and keep fostering the environment that I'm not going to think he's a dork if he asks for help. That's one of the hardest things to do when you're an experienced FO flying with a brand new captain is creating a comfortable environment for him (her?).

[ QUOTE ]
What does he think of this camera/web/email technology thingy you've been doing this trip? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm very discrete about it!

[ QUOTE ]
Do you find the passengers much different on the red-eye?

[/ QUOTE ]

Grumpy. The train shut down for 20 minutes in DEN and a few passengers started barking at us as if we had control of the system. Then some were grumpy getting off the jet as well, but what can ya do? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Drink some good coffee and you'll be just fine. Too bad Starbuck's isn't open in the terminal. Oh well, hotel coffee will have to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, I shut the blinds real good, pressed the floor lamp against the window, put on my eyemask and slept pretty good for about six hours -- which is about an hour more than I normally get.

Watch out here comes the questions /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buck.gif
Hey look at that, you got a couple of legs that avoided ATL! Way to go /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/spin2.gif
Pity you had to take a red-eye to do it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif
At least with the red-eye there is less chance of a ground delay for departing ATL, right?
How would you rate CVG with the other Delta hubs?
Is it better than ATL and worse than DFW?
Did you keep the same plane on passing thru CVG, or was that a plane change as well as all the changes in ATL?
Any times you had the same cabin crew on consecutive flights this trip?
What were the load factors for the trips, many empty seats, or jam-packed summer traffic?

I jsut saw the picture waiting for the jetway driver and the Capt seems awfully close to the yoke. Did he sit that close the entire time? It looks like he is ready to jump through the front windows.

[ QUOTE ]
I'll ask one: Where the pictures?

I'm so confused....

Naunga

[/ QUOTE ]

pix.jetcareers.com

[ QUOTE ]

At least with the red-eye there is less chance of a ground delay for departing ATL, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct

[ QUOTE ]
How would you rate CVG with the other Delta hubs?

[/ QUOTE ]

CVG seems to flow a lot smoother with less time spent sitting as #18 in line for takeoff

[ QUOTE ]
Is it better than ATL and worse than DFW?

[/ QUOTE ]

CVG, in my opinion is better than ATL and I really can't compare it with DFW cuz DFW's like a whole 'nother country! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Did you keep the same plane on passing thru CVG, or was that a plane change as well as all the changes in ATL?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahahaha, no. Fly for Delta, change planes each time thru a hub. Very inefficient.

[ QUOTE ]
Any times you had the same cabin crew on consecutive flights this trip?

[/ QUOTE ]

Every once in a while!

[ QUOTE ]
What were the load factors for the trips, many empty seats, or jam-packed summer traffic?

[/ QUOTE ]

Fairly medium. You can certainly tell schools back in session before labor day rush. Airlines don't run jam packed consistently all year. Usually winter is crazy up until January, then cools off. Then the spring it perks back up, Summer is crazy, and then it sluffs off for a bit in late August, then increases thru labor day, cools off and then slowly picks up as you approach the holiday season.

[ QUOTE ]
I jsut saw the picture waiting for the jetway driver and the Capt seems awfully close to the yoke. Did he sit that close the entire time? It looks like he is ready to jump through the front windows.

[/ QUOTE ]

Poor guy is probably only 5'6!

[ QUOTE ]

Poor guy is probably only 5'6!

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, that's still 4" taller than me!

Portable!

You're probably the type of person they designed the CL-65 passenger cabin for! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Yikes, here comes the hate email...

What's the biggest pilot you have ever seen Doug?

When we were at the Alteon, I was having trouble enough being 6'3 and climbing in and out of those seats. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Somehow I got labeled as a complainer.. What's up with that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Portable!

You're probably the type of person they designed the CL-65 passenger cabin for! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, and I fit easily into most overhead bins!

I actually got put in an ATR overhead once. The guys thought it would be funny to see if I fit.

I did. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

I have a Q (s). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Is there a required time you must be at the jet prior to departure?

Are there pilot lounges in all airports? Like DTW, ORD, MIA? Or just your domiciles and larger cities, ala, ATL, BOS, DFW?

How often do you switch airplanes in an out city? Or do you always return to a hub with the same airplane?

Say you have a two hour sit in TPA, what do you guys do?

Weird questions, I know, but hey something I don't know the answer to. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buck.gif

Speaking as an AA crew:

[ QUOTE ]
Is there a required time you must be at the jet prior to departure?

[/ QUOTE ]
We (the F/As) have to be on board 45 minutes prior to departure. The rule for AA pilots was that they had to arrive with enough time to accomplish all pre-departure duties to allow for an on-time departure.

[ QUOTE ]
Are there pilot lounges in all airports? Like DTW, ORD, MIA? Or just your domiciles and larger cities, ala, ATL, BOS, DFW?

[/ QUOTE ]
It depends. We have crew lounges in all our crew base cities, and at all stations there is an operations area where crew are usually welcome to sit if they have a few minutes a want to stay out of the terminal. Some of those ops areas are bigger than others, and have couches & TVs n' stuff, and some you'll be lucky to find a chair.

[ QUOTE ]
How often do you switch airplanes in an out city? Or do you always return to a hub with the same airplane?

[/ QUOTE ]
Very rarely. Usually you keep your airplane til you get to a hub. Every once in a while you'll give one up, but it's not often. If you're overnighting a different crew will usually end up taking your plane out the next day.

[ QUOTE ]
Say you have a two hour sit in TPA, what do you guys do?

[/ QUOTE ]
Find a place to sleep
Read
Sleep
Scavange for food
Make use of that nationwide cellular calling plan
Sleep

[ QUOTE ]
Portable!

[/ QUOTE ]

True, true. At least the seat width and pitch are descent, though. I do find myself saying "watch your head" a lot to folks as I say goodbye during deplaning.

Oh, well. There's always Greyhound, right? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buck.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dang mainline pilots dissin' the regionals again!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/argue.gif

I've had 3 FOs ask me why I'm taking pictures of the FMS or other random things, and one ask if I was playing a video game on my phone. Maybe I should give them the link instead of just describing the whole thing. Oh yeah, and when I was standing in the hotel parking lot at 5am waiting for the fire alarm to stop buzzing, people were looking at me more funny than usual. One guy even asked who I was calling.

Oh, and since Doug failed to mention MY page (mainline pilots!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif), the link is below in my signature.

[ QUOTE ]
What's the biggest pilot you have ever seen Doug?

[/ QUOTE ]

6'6 so far in terms of height.

In terms of weight, there are some pretty big boys out there!

Shoot, I can top that.

First trip after IOE on the 727, one of the flight attendants calls the cockpit and says, "We've got an overhead bin stuck, can you send the engineer back to have a look?"

So I discontinue preflighting the panel, walk back into the cabin and ask the A-line which of the bins is stuck.

"Oh, that one!"

So I reach up, unlatch it and "Boo!"

Holy crap.

I about 'sharted'...

Back