Unique Resume & Application Question

TexasFlyer

Living the Dream (well at least trying to)
Here is an interesting resume and application topic.
1) I have not flown since 2018, as that's when I had my medical deferred.
2) The airline I worked for kept me on medical leave until 2021, hence my end date in the PRD shows 2021.
3) I see online my 1st Class Medical is now approved so I should receive it in the mail shortly.

ON THE APPLICATION: I would make my work end date 2021 since that's the "official" ending date of employment and the application needs to agree with the PRD and employer.

RESUME: I feel on my resume I should list my end date as 2018 since that is truly more accurate than 2021. The difference between my last 121 flight being in 2018 versus 2021 might matter to a recruiter and employer. I feel the resume should be a better reflection of my true experience. But, then I also don't want to raise a red flag when the resume and application disagree by a material amount.

Any current Pilot Recruiters care to chime in on how to best handle that?

@TexasFlyer

Read this slowly and for comprehension:

Good luck securing a new gig!
Thank you.

My target is Envoy or Net Jets or back to PSA. In that order. I enjoyed my at PSA but have a love for the E175 I flew at Mesa (prior to PSA). Hence why I'd make a move to Envoy first. Net Jets I'd enjoy for the love of the 7/7 schedule and I knew a few pilots that went there from Mesa and enjoy it (a shame I since lost track of them).

Just waiting for the actual piece of paper to arrive in the mail since my medical approval shows only online thus far (says they will soon mail me the certificate with any other info I need to present when renewing it).

In April I plan to do a Flight Review and IPC. Once that's complete. I'll apply to Envoy and Net Jets and give about 30 days before making the phone call to the Chief Pilot at PSA asking if they'd like to have me back. Once I commit to going somewhere, that's it. I will focus on that employer, especially since I heard I would return as a Direct Entry Captain at Envoy or PSA with 1900 121 time (I was an FO prior). This career glitch experience has been humbling to say the least.

Thank you.

My target is Envoy or Net Jets or back to PSA. In that order. I enjoyed my at PSA but have a love for the E175 I flew at Mesa (prior to PSA). Hence why I'd make a move to Envoy first. Net Jets I'd enjoy for the love of the 7/7 schedule and I knew a few pilots that went there from Mesa and enjoy it (a shame I since lost track of them).

Just waiting for the actual piece of paper to arrive in the mail since my medical approval shows only online thus far (says they will soon mail me the certificate with any other info I need to present when renewing it).

In April I plan to do a Flight Review and IPC. Once that's complete. I'll apply to Envoy and Net Jets and give about 30 days before making the phone call to the Chief Pilot at PSA asking if they'd like to have me back. Once I commit to going somewhere, that's it. I will focus on that employer, especially since I heard I would return as a Direct Entry Captain at Envoy or PSA with 1900 121 time (I was an FO prior). This career glitch experience has been humbling to say the least.
If you like the 7/7 schedule, you might look at Atlas as well. Our 767 fleet has a lot of those schedules.

If you like the 7/7 schedule, you might look at Atlas as well. Our 767 fleet has a lot of those schedules.
Did not realize that. Looked like Atlas was 17 on and 13 off. Not a fan of that at all. But knowing there is a 7/7 option, that certainly peaks my interest. I will research further.

Thank you.

Envoy seems to have a good DEC package these days. Are you moving to DFW or PHX? I’d highly recommend it if you’re doing DEC, because you’ll be junior for a while.

Envoy seems to have a good DEC package these days. Are you moving to DFW or PHX? I’d highly recommend it if you’re doing DEC, because you’ll be junior for a while.
I would just commute from TPA to DFW and keep an apartment near DFW since i will never relo from my beach house. But, the beach house can just be that. A great place to relax when ever I can between reserve blocks. And will wait patiently (I hear very patiently) for MIA. Just setting up Airline Apps now and have my Flight Review and IPC set up. So once I get the "currency", I'll at least be able to put down those 6 approaches and a few hours of recent flight time as PIC. Just hate to have "0's" in those blocks since that may not make it past the filters.

I would just commute from TPA to DFW and keep an apartment near DFW since i will never relo from my beach house. But, the beach house can just be that. A great place to relax when ever I can between reserve blocks. And will wait patiently (I hear very patiently) for MIA. Just setting up Airline Apps now and have my Flight Review and IPC set up. So once I get the "currency", I'll at least be able to put down those 6 approaches and a few hours of recent flight time as PIC. Just hate to have "0's" in those blocks since that may not make it past the filters.
Sounds like you have put some serious and logical thought into all of this. Congratulations on getting your medical back!
Will Envoy be the final destination or do you hope/plan to move on somewhere else in the future?

Sounds like you have put some serious and logical thought into all of this. Congratulations on getting your medical back!
Will Envoy be the final destination or do you hope/plan to move on somewhere else in the future?
I learned never to say that I know my final destination. Life happens and things change (and oh boy do I know that!). But where I am right now in life and where I hope to go in life at this time, Envoy is the best fit for me personally and professionally. At least from what I know right now. Some of the home base operations and TPA or MCO based operators also have me doing research on if I may need to give them a serious consideration as those eliminate the TPA-DFW and TPA-MIA commute/ crash pad. So always many factors to consider.

Back