Terminal Basics 06/03

aperfectool

Someone had to start it...

Anyone else gonna be there? I just booked a spot at the Heritage Guest House, but am now hearing really negative things about it.

Count me in, as of yesterday.
awesome. where you going after okc? i remember you saying something about switching from tower to tracon but don't remember the location.

i'll be staying at mansions south. i think chris is gonna be at walnut gardens. see ya there, man.

I was beginning to wonder if the 2 of us were outcasts :)

I changed my mind, I think I'm going to stay at Mansions South. It looks nice.

BTW, who is driving and who is flying? I'm flying, so I won't have a car.

awesome. where you going after okc? i remember you saying something about switching from tower to tracon but don't remember the location.

i'll be staying at mansions south. i think chris is gonna be at walnut gardens. see ya there, man.

I will be at Anchorage TRACON (A11).

I just got word 2 days ago, via phone, that I was even cleared, and hay "here's your class date". :panic: So I'm just starting to look at housing and locations compared to the academy (and the local Disc Golf courses ;)). I to will be flying, so no car. I was gonna take my bike, but now seeing that I'll be there for the summer, I beginng to see it as a bad idea. I'll still take it though.

I wasn't sure logisticaly how easy it would be to be dressed for class and commute via bike. If they had lockerrooms and a shower at the academy it would be fine. A 100 degree bike trip even if short does not sound fun. But like I said I haven't looked into any of this stuff yet.:confused:

Infact I'm gonna start a thred right now about cummuting via bike.

I was beginning to wonder if the 2 of us were outcasts :)

I changed my mind, I think I'm going to stay at Mansions South. It looks nice.

BTW, who is driving and who is flying? I'm flying, so I won't have a car.
I'll be driving. My wife will be with me, so I'm sure I won't have a car everyday, but I hear the bus isn't too bad.

Thats the plan. I'm hoping not having a car will be a good thing. Maybe it'll help keep my rear at home and study!

BTW Zach, did you make your reservations yet at Meridian?

Someone had to start it...

Anyone else gonna be there? I just booked a spot at the Heritage Guest House, but am now hearing really negative things about it.

Im staying at the HGH right now, and I can honestly say its one of the better places down here. All the other joints are trashy apartment complexes for the most part, and are all kinda dirty. (With the exception of maybe Fairways) I made it a point to check out all of the other locations I considered, and Im glad I made to the decision to stay here.
This place is just one apartment building with about 10 rooms total. Its in the best part of the city, and close to just about everything you could possibly need. Especially Bricktown, (The nightlife district) if thats your type of thing.
You wont really be bothered here, because there arent a TON of students in the complex like there are everywhere else.
The only thing I recommend about HGH, is booking the ONE bedroom apartment, NOT the studio. The one bedroom is enormous. Back home this room would probably cost about $2500 a month.

Thats the plan. I'm hoping not having a car will be a good thing. Maybe it'll help keep my rear at home and study!

BTW Zach, did you make your reservations yet at Meridian?
Yeah, I did.
I think I'm going to just do the gov't card program, since it'll cost $50 a day anyway since my wife is coming. The lady on the phone was really awesome.

Chris - you meant Mansions south, right? I hear Meridan smells even worse. Hooray for mold. :)

Yeah, I did.
I think I'm going to just do the gov't card program, since it'll cost $50 a day anyway since my wife is coming. The lady on the phone was really awesome.

Chris - you meant Mansions south, right? I hear Meridan smells even worse. Hooray for mold. :)

Woops, yeah, I meant Mansions South!!

I will be joining you on 6/3. Did you guys have a lot of paperwork to fill out on the FAA website?

I haven't filled out any paperwork as of yet. Actually, I haven't even gotten my FOL in the mail yet. just the phone call from HR. She said to expect it in 2 weeks. 2 weeks ended last Friday. I'll probably call towards the end of the week if I don't hear anything.

Woops, yeah, I meant Mansions South!!

I haven't filled out any paperwork as of yet. Actually, I haven't even gotten my FOL in the mail yet. just the phone call from HR. She said to expect it in 2 weeks. 2 weeks ended last Friday. I'll probably call towards the end of the week if I don't hear anything.

LOL... I'm in the same boat. I left a message today about 5:45 OKC time asking about it, only cause she said to expect it sometime last week. Sounds like we will get it at the same time. Probably this week. Hopefully tomarrow;). I'm waiting to kill my responsibilites here until I get the paperwork signed.

LOL... I'm in the same boat. I left a message today about 5:45 OKC time asking about it, only cause she said to expect it sometime last week. Sounds like we will get it at the same time. Probably this week. Hopefully tomarrow;). I'm waiting to kill my responsibilites here until I get the paperwork signed.

I've gotten the paperwork. It is alot to fill out. Some looks like it has to be notarized.

I've gotten the paperwork. It is alot to fill out. Some looks like it has to be notarized.
I definitely got a lot of paperwork. Don't think anything I filled out had to be notarized. It ended up being like 18 pages worth of stuff I had to fax to OKC with my FOL.

This is the initial paperwork you get with the FOL? Then you get some sort of packet 2 weeks prior to class right?

BTW, who is your HR rep?

I definitely got a lot of paperwork. Don't think anything I filled out had to be notarized. It ended up being like 18 pages worth of stuff I had to fax to OKC with my FOL.

I had an appointment affidavit that I had to get notarized stating that I would support and defend the Constitution, etc.

Back