Terminal Basics 06/03

I had an appointment affidavit that I had to get notarized stating that I would support and defend the Constitution, etc.
Wow. Definitely didn't get that one.

Chris- It was paperwork attached to my FOL. My rep is B.R. About a week or so before OKC we should get a packet.

Wow. Definitely didn't get that one.

Chris- It was paperwork attached to my FOL. My rep is B.R. About a week or so before OKC we should get a packet.

Okay, sorry about that. Today I received that checklist and only 5 or so items were checked on it. I will actually complete that form that has to be notarized in OKC.

I had an appointment affidavit that I had to get notarized stating that I would support and defend the Constitution, etc.
Since when do our leaders/politicians follow the constitution's limits on federal powers? What happened to limited federal and constitutional government? :banghead:

(sorry, just had to release some anger :buck:)

I don't think it's too bad. I should still be ahead of people from PUBAK I hope.

It will be nice to have some lower temps.

That and I can make it to Mt. Marathon:rawk:. http://www.sewardak.org/news-events/marathon/marathon.htm

To get in the race you have to pay to enter a lottery because they only allow a certain number to race each year. Once you're in you can keep your place as long as you go every year. After 10 years you gain veteran status and can race whenever you want. This will be year 3 for me.

It's about a 3 mile race... but you do climb a 3,022' mountain and run back down it within that 3 miles. It's pretty intense.

I know this tread is a month old but I wanted to let you know Heritage Guest House is a great place to stay. I stayed there from November 18th 2008 until February 13th 2009. Dwayne is a great guy, they do your laundry for you once a week, and its close to everything in Bricktown. The drive to the academy is all interstate and traffic was never an issue. If you have any questions you can pm me if you would like.

I know this tread is a month old but I wanted to let you know Heritage Guest House is a great place to stay. I stayed there from November 18th 2008 until February 13th 2009. Dwayne is a great guy, they do your laundry for you once a week, and its close to everything in Bricktown. The drive to the academy is all interstate and traffic was never an issue. If you have any questions you can pm me if you would like.
Thank you for the input. I decided on Mansions South, since I'm bringing my wife with me, I need someplace that has access to the academy bus and is in a relatively safe area.

I decided to go with Pebble Creek in Mustang. Seems really nice. Bringing the bride as well. Anyone received their packet yet?

Received my packet this morning via FedEx. It says that I can't leave until June 2nd. Why they only give you a day to get there and get setup is beyond me.

Received my packet this morning via FedEx. It says that I can't leave until June 2nd. Why they only give you a day to get there and get setup is beyond me.
How about one day to move back home to your facility?! :drool:
I have people in my class that will have to travel thousands of miles to their old home, then thousands of miles to their NEW home. Hopefully their facility managers will approve time off...

Yeah. After reading it more closely it said travel "On or about" June 2nd. So I was able to get a flight on June 1 with no problems.

The ATM at the facility I'm going to let my friend take a week off before starting. (he had to go from OKC to South Carolina to get his stuff out of storage then move here to WV)

Chris

does taking a few extra days mess up senority?

Training seniority is based on graduation date from OKC.

As for time to travel, we only had 1 day to travel 1200 mile from OKC to SLC. We left right after work on the Monday and drove until just past Denver. The next morning we got up and drove the rest of the way. We were tired!!!

All the guys in my husband's class going to his facility had requested more time and had until the Friday. My husband chose not to request that time. My husband got up on Wednesday morning and headed to work; when he got there they weren't expecting him. Even though he had not requested until the Friday, they had lumped him in the bunch. They were going to get him started but then opted to let him do the paperwork with his class. It was nice to get him home the Wednesday and Thursday to help with unpacking :)

Even if you are NOT moving across the country, just going back to where you came from, most facilities will give you an extra day or 2 to travel. If you are moving, then they have to and will give you up to like 64 work hours.

Back