Tab express shuts down...FL attorney general says...

DE727UPS

"From what we know so far -- that they're being fraudulent, that they're being deceitful -- that's why we investigate, as to find out for sure," said Attorney General Charlie Crist.

Same attorney general should be looking at claims make by DCA. How many pro-DCA guys say "yeah, the the marketing sucks, but...."

It's time for those in charge of marketing at DCA to wonder if they have stepped over a line. Seems the Attorney General of Florida might be interested in deceitful advertising of flight academies. I hope they send me an email asking where I draw the line for deceitful...

*criket......cricket......*
grin.gif

I think they've toned down their marketing quite a bit since you started your regular ranting. You've said so yourself. As for comparing it to a PFT operation that claims to give you a full refund (that people have been complaining that they don't give back) after working for them on their non-existant airline well...that's a little far fetched. Guaranteeing an interview if you complete your instruction contract is hardly the same thing but nice try.

[ QUOTE ]
I think they've toned down their marketing quite a bit since you started your regular ranting. You've said so yourself. As for comparing it to a PFT operation that claims to give you a full refund (that people have been complaining that they don't give back) after working for them on their non-existant airline well...that's a little far fetched. Guaranteeing an interview if you complete your instruction contract is hardly the same thing but nice try.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Let's face it, being owned by Delta means more opportunity for you."

Yeah.......toned down. Sounds like same BS, different day.
smirk.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"Let's face it, being owned by Delta means more opportunity for you."

Yeah.......toned down. Sounds like same BS, different day.
smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
*criket......cricket......*
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yawn
yeahthat.gif

Where did I say they toned down their marketing? I've not seen any changes to the website and the ads in flight training are the same.

It's some of the DCA guys who are jetcareers members that have admitted the marketing sucks.

Now, the question is, where is the FL attorney general going to draw the line on deceitful and fraudulent. If DCA marketing hadn't crossed my deceitful line a long time ago, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

[ QUOTE ]
[Yawn

[/ QUOTE ]
"The Academy is a subsidiary of Delta Airlines. As a result, no other Flight School can offer you a more direct career path......... "

"In a way, when you enroll in our Academy, you actually begin your interview process for an airline position on the very first day. Delta is one of the fastest growing airlines in the country."

rolleyes.gif
smirk.gif

I received post card in the mail today.

"Pilot positions reserved for Academy graduates"

"Now! Fly Jets in 700 hrs or Less"
with a picture of a Delta 777 right below those exact words.

"Being owned by Delta MEANS EVERYTHING"

Not to mention I already have all my ratings and am in training with a Delta Connection carrier. I would love to know how my name got on their mailing list.

I've admitted it myself but I certainly don't think it should be investigated by the Florida AG, that's a little over the top.

I'll admit, the marketing for your company is much more respectable. But what about those guys at FexEx? Remember when they used to say they "run the tightest ship in the shipping business". Man, that's fraud, clearly UPS and maybe DHL runs as tight of a ship. Who does FexEx think they are, sonsab!tches. I think we should sick the A.G.'s on them too.

I thinks we all should step back, take a deep breath, and get a grip on reality.

Now, I'll look for where I thought you said the marketing was not as bad as it was and see if I can find it. If you did not, then my apologies. Don't wan't to be deceitful or fraudulent.

[ QUOTE ]
Not to mention I already have all my ratings and am in training with a Delta Connection carrier. I would love to know how my name got on their mailing list.

[/ QUOTE ]

I signed you up for it.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I signed you up for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its on like Donkey Kong.....!!!!

[ QUOTE ]
"From what we know so far -- that they're being fraudulent, that they're being deceitful -- that's why we investigate, as to find out for sure," said Attorney General Charlie Crist.

Same attorney general should be looking at claims make by DCA. How many pro-DCA guys say "yeah, the the marketing sucks, but...."

It's time for those in charge of marketing at DCA to wonder if they have stepped over a line. Seems the Attorney General of Florida might be interested in deceitful advertising of flight academies. I hope they send me an email asking where I draw the line for deceitful...

[/ QUOTE ]

Does your life suck so much that you look for stuff to [censored] about?

[ QUOTE ]
I received post card in the mail today.

"Pilot positions reserved for Academy graduates"

"Now! Fly Jets in 700 hrs or Less"
with a picture of a Delta 777 right below those exact words.

"Being owned by Delta MEANS EVERYTHING"

[/ QUOTE ]
shocked.gif
that's interesting...

Speaking of such, I'm always looking for 'secret shoppers' if anyone is interested.

[ QUOTE ]

It's some of the DCA guys who are jetcareers members that have admitted the marketing sucks.

Now, the question is, where is the FL attorney general going to draw the line on deceitful and fraudulent. If DCA marketing hadn't crossed my deceitful line a long time ago, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

[/ QUOTE ]

727-I'm one of the DCA guys who says their marketing is silly, but when I went, I was smart enough to read through the BS. Hopefully, I would think and give the credit to most others, that they would do the same. Comair Academy (DCA) worked extremely well for me at the time even with their silly advertising (remember the wedding advert? Oy!). I just don't understand how you could decree yourself as the "Marketing Lord" who has final say in all company's advertising. Give people some credit for having a minute sense of reading fluff advertising. I realize that you have had one student who has done well and gotten a job flying a Beech 99( I haven't seen one of those in years, flew in one from Denver to Telluride back in the "80's. Nice ride). I want to see you get more than that. When it becomes a regular occurence, (which I really hope it does) then please spout off to your hearts content, but until then, get off the "I must destroy DCA at all costs" boat. Your starting to sound more and more like the "Marketing Nazi" "No DCA for you!" (unless they pass my all knowing sense of all that is well with marketing and flight training.) Oy! Your losing credibility. I was always a firm believer in that it takes no effort to tear something down, but to build something up and maintain it... there is the real challenge. Please get more kids through good training and get them jobs,(then get them the job at UPS!
wink.gif
). Better yet, start your own school and do a better job at marketing, that way you could show everyone how it is done all of the time so as to build a model for a successful program. (up until the time you have some kid on Jetcareers rip you apart just because it was easy.
grin.gif
)

"I'm one of the DCA guys who says their marketing is silly"

Good, and that's my whole point. So why do YOU think it's silly. I think most professional pilots would look at it and think it's silly. That's why it bothers me. Shouldn't you be proud of image your academy projects to the newbie? Not look at it and say "this is silly".

"Comair Academy (DCA) worked extremely well for me"

Great. I'm glad DCA works and have never doubted that. I also don't think it's the best way to become an airline pilot, but it certainly works. I'm glad DCA graduates guys with 1000 total and some CFI time....that's a good thing.

I attack DCA marketing statements because, as a professional pilot, I find what they say, and the way they say it, repulsive. Same for PanAm. Same for CAPT. However, and I've said this before, if someone comes to jetcareers and reads all the negative posts about DCA, I consider them forwarned. Should they then choose to go to DCA, I wish them the best, cause I did my job.

I mentioned my Amflight friend because he and a guy who is a CFI at DCA were at about the same place a while back, just a PPL. I declared a little race about a year ago between those two...and I think my Amflight friend is winning with a class date for turbine PIC time, and they want him to train other pilots, too. Kid doesn't even have a multi-I.

I don't wish to destroy DCA, it wouldn't bother me if their website disappeared overnight, though.

"Oy! Your losing credibility"

Yeah...I'm not too worried about it....

[ QUOTE ]
All who think Matt Nixon needs a frontal labotomy and a g/f say I!!
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, quite a professional and well educated comment that has absolutely nothing to do with the thread. Shouldn't you be out working on your VFR flying skills with the other 75%.

[ QUOTE ]
Speaking of such, I'm always looking for 'secret shoppers' if anyone is interested.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sign me up Doug....sounds like fun!

Back