Tab express shuts down...FL attorney general says...

[ QUOTE ]
But hey while we're at it, nice turd brown uniforms plumber.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, does that mean you'd turn down a flying job with UPS in order to avoid having to wear said uniform? Or how 'bout let them know the same thing in an interview. I'd give you $100 is you did.

Yeah.....I thought not.

[ QUOTE ]
"If this comes from a legitimate non-biased news source"

Nah...it's from their website. Hardly unbiased.

What cracks me up is WAY more guys get hired at the regionals from FBO's than from DCA during any timeframe you'd care to mention. FBO's train WAY more pilots than DCA during any time frame you'd care to mention, too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Duh?, considering that you are grouping all FBO's together. I mean are you serious? How many FBO's are there? Tons. Of course there going to place more. But you as a student are only going to go to one of them? How is that particular FBO's placement? You are right, most FBO's do a fine job of training and academies are not the only route, but man, thats a lame comparison.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So, does that mean you'd turn down a flying job with UPS in order to avoid having to wear said uniform? Or how 'bout let them know the same thing in an interview. I'd give you $100 is you did.

Yeah.....I thought not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I am the kind of a**hole that would just to get a laugh.

[ QUOTE ]
You DCA guys effort on hear is worthless.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's here, not hear.

But yeah, your right, my effort is worthless. I've only been a student at an FBO, CAA/DCA, and instructed at DCA. So I've got a pretty intimate understanding of the place as well as a perspective from being a student at an FBO. My input is worthless but the countless negative bashings of several people that have never been to the school or have an effing clue as to what goes on, yeah the effort on their part is worthwhile. You see marketing or hear some sob story from someone you don't know from Adam and you take it as the gospel. Everytime something pops up in this forum one of these guys is chomping at the bit to throw in some negative opinion on something they are clueless about. You're telling me that is worthwhile?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah.....I thought not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I am the kind of a**hole that would just to get a laugh.

[/ QUOTE ]

$100 bucks in the future for you, are you to do so.

"sob story from someone you don't know from Adam and you take it as the gospel"

Everyone who posts at jetcareers is equal. Me, you, and the guy I "don't know from Adam" who has an opinion about DCA. What I find most interesting is the number of anti-DCA posts from guys here and at flightinfo. I don't know them from Adam, but I don't know you, either. So what's the difference?

"You are right, most FBO's do a fine job of training and academies are not the only route, but man, thats a lame comparison"

I don't think it's a lame comparison when DCA comes across as trying to give the newbie the idea that they are the most superior school and the best way to become an airline pilot because of their claims. Actually, I gotta wonder if ATP doesn't create more new FAA certificates than DCA, which would make the DCA claim a lie, but I don't know how to prove it.

[ QUOTE ]
"sob story from someone you don't know from Adam and you take it as the gospel"

Everyone who posts at jetcareers is equal. Me, you, and the guy I "don't know from Adam" who has an opinion about DCA. What I find most interesting is the number of anti-DCA posts from guys here and at flightinfo. I don't know them from Adam, but I don't know you, either. So what's the difference?

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly, so you should trust what I say about as much as you trust everyone else. The reason you hear more negative than positive is because that's society man. You don't hear people in the break room talking about how awesome their day was, you hear about how this sucks, or that sucks, or how they are getting the screw job. Those far out-weigh the positives I'm sure you hear. If this is incorrect then we all need to pack up an move to the northwest. I've seen where someone has posted this several times before. We all know this is true in everything so why not acknowledge it?

OH NO!!!!!!!!! DCA is never going to get the chance to be a sponsor on jc.com????? I hope the management at DCA is prepared for this bad news.....whose gonna tell 'em?
sarcasm.gif

By the way Montana....that was post #3.

"The reason you hear more negative than positive is because that's society man."

Then why is there so little negative about ATP?

[ QUOTE ]
"You are right, most FBO's do a fine job of training and academies are not the only route, but man, thats a lame comparison"

I don't think it's a lame comparison when DCA comes across as trying to give the newbie the idea that they are the most superior school and the best way to become an airline pilot because of their claims. Actually, I gotta wonder if ATP doesn't create more new FAA certificates than DCA, which would make the DCA claim a lie, but I don't know how to prove it.

[/ QUOTE ]

It just seems silly to compare the results of one company to all others combined, it just does not make any sense.

ATA would be a more reasonable comparison but they are massive with tons of locations, but that will work for me. Well you know how DCA lists everyone that got hired and by who and how you thought that was trashy marketing BS? Well look at it again and then go to the hallowed website of ATP and....behold, they have the same thing on their website, so make sure you go by their forum and bash that trashy marketing ploy. I think it's fine for any company to do that, but if you don't, just make sure you treat everyone equally.

[ QUOTE ]
"The reason you hear more negative than positive is because that's society man."

Then why is there so little negative about ATP?

[/ QUOTE ]

Couldn't tell ya bud, because I don't go trolling other forums looking to drop in negative, uninformed comments where ever I can.

*This comment is more directed towards others so I'm not trying to attack you here*

Also keep in mind that when anybody on here posts anything positive, it's someone that marketing has drudged up and not a real depiction of how things are. Seriously you and Montana especially should go back and look how you guys attack and question anyone who says anything positive. Honestly I don't think I would start a positive thread in this forum because you guys would just rain on the parade as soon as you could. I should be interviewing with an airline within the next month and if I get hired I doubt I would post it in this forum because it's definately not worth it to hear you guys start bashing me or questioning if I could have gotten it somewhere else and not fallen for all the marketing bs.

Don't know if you guys are Chappelle Show fans here but it's like the "Hater's Ball" in this place when anyone says anything good.

"just make sure you treat everyone equally."

I do. I've checked out their website and marketing statements. I posted about that a while back, might have been at a PanAm thread. There were a few things that bothered me but it paled in comparison to DCA, PanAM, CAPT. However, I do believe I saw an ad for ATP in the latest Flight Training mag that said if you did their Direct Track program, you would get a job at Coex. I was unable to verify as I quit getting Flight Training mag cause of the DCA ads that pissed me off.

Hey....the day DCA puts up a Jetcareers link at their website is the day I feel the newbie has been forwarned and the day I can stop spending all my free time at the DCA forum. It might be a small price to pay. See what you can do....

"I should be interviewing with an airline within the next month and if I get hired I doubt I would post it in this forum because it's definately not worth it to hear you guys start bashing me"

Seriously, now THAT'S lame....

I believe in what I believe, and I say what I say, because of my experiences and the folks I know. Plus, some DCA website marketing claims that the professional pilot can see right through.

I think it's your duty, if you believe in what you're preachin', to come around here and tell others of your successes.

No preachin' here. I hear people bash the place and I will either agree or disagree but I don't recall trying to sell the place to anyone, ever, it's not my thing. I honestly don't care where people go, I think some places are better than others but I really try not to get too involved because I only know a worthwhile amount about a few places. So my knowledge is admittedly small. Plus, certain places are better for some than others.

Sorry you think that would be lame. Hopefully through therapy some good ol' self medicating I'll be able to get over it.
wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
No preachin' here. I hear people bash the place and I will either agree or disagree but I don't recall trying to sell the place to anyone, ever, it's not my thing. I honestly don't care where people go, I think some places are better than others but I really try not to get too involved because I only know a worthwhile amount about a few places. So my knowledge is admittedly small. Plus, certain places are better for some than others.

Sorry you think that would be lame. Hopefully through therapy some good ol' self medicating I'll be able to get over it.
wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, if you get hired on, you should advertise it. No one should give you any grief over that simple fact, were you to mention it. It would actually be some positive information around here, to replace the usual bashing, snipes, etc.

I think it would be good, and would be one of the first to congratulate you.

Back