FAA administrator to resign (holy crapola)

In the other Federal worlds I have experience with, it’s just SOP. It’s damn near impossible to get rid of an incompetent employee. What is the alternative for those that can’t do the work? Easy, promote them to stupidvisor/manager/admin!

it has been that way for decades. Those who can't do the job, just move up the chain of command fast.

with the amount and degree of incompetence I’ve seen in management, I am fairly convinced it’s a deliberate attempt to drag FAA ATC down so far to make privatization happen. I just can’t fathom that decisions so blatantly stupid and illogical are being made out of honest stupidity.

The next wave that the FAA won't be prepared for is when we all retire the second we're eligible after 25 years of working 6 days a week, instead of hanging on until 56 years old. Ill be eligible to go at 48 years old, and if this keeps up with me working this much, I dont see why I would stay to the end like I originally planned when I got on. So then the next generation will be left holding the bag for Round 3 post Reagan mass firing that the FAA somehow still has not recovered from in the 2030's-2040's lmfao.

And "Screw up, Move up" is so real in the FAA it hurts. If someone tells you they're moving up the chain in the FAA, its not a good thing. Either a young person afraid of the traffic who bid an sup job the second they could to dodge working airplanes, or an older guy thats F'd up so many times theyve run out of places to hide them in the facility so they move them to the Regional or national command center.

Then those people get so far removed from the actual operation that they just completely lose track of what its like to sit at a Radar scope and start making decisions so stupid that Im genuinely convinced my pet cat could do a better job. Yay for government work....

KP

The ultimate bottom line is, is she still a Delta pilot flying Delta passengers on Delta airplanes?

Because if so, then that’s a bad look for Delta.

“The Biden administration on Saturday named the Federal Aviation Administration’s safety chief as the acting leader of the agency effective Friday.

Billy Nolen, who in December was named the FAA’s associate administrator for aviation safety, had previously been vice president for safety, security and quality for WestJet Airlines in Canada.

Nolen, who started his career as an American Airlines pilot, will replace FAA administrator Steve Dickson until the White House nominates a permanent successor.”

I hope this acting Administrator doesn't make a lot of moves to resolve Boeing's pickles without real change.

The next wave that the FAA won't be prepared for is when we all retire the second we're eligible after 25 years of working 6 days a week, instead of hanging on until 56 years old. Ill be eligible to go at 48 years old, and if this keeps up with me working this much, I dont see why I would stay to the end like I originally planned when I got on. So then the next generation will be left holding the bag for Round 3 post Reagan mass firing that the FAA somehow still has not recovered from in the 2030's-2040's lmfao.

And "Screw up, Move up" is so real in the FAA it hurts. If someone tells you they're moving up the chain in the FAA, its not a good thing. Either a young person afraid of the traffic who bid an sup job the second they could to dodge working airplanes, or an older guy thats F'd up so many times theyve run out of places to hide them in the facility so they move them to the Regional or national command center.

Then those people get so far removed from the actual operation that they just completely lose track of what its like to sit at a Radar scope and start making decisions so stupid that Im genuinely convinced my pet cat could do a better job. Yay for government work....

we had 3 people from 1600L yesterday. 3. For 9 scope positions + CIC + FD/CD. And only 1 person banged out.

with the amount and degree of incompetence I’ve seen in management, I am fairly convinced it’s a deliberate attempt to drag FAA ATC down so far to make privatization happen. I just can’t fathom that decisions so blatantly stupid and illogical are being made out of honest stupidity.
Privatization is great when theres lots of competition. It makes companies more efficient, but in this case, how much competition would there be with ATC if it was privatized? If none, I'm wondering what effect it would have on efficiency.

we had 3 people from 1600L yesterday. 3. For 9 scope positions + CIC + FD/CD. And only 1 person banged out.

Running theory out here is FAA has just decided to have us work crippling amounts of OT instead of hiring the appropriate amount of people so that when “Nextgen” and Datacomm actually start working, we won’t be overstaffed.

I’m on pace for 550+ hours of OT this year. Routinely working shifts w 5-6 controllers when we’re supposed to have 10-11. This summer is going to be gnarly when people are on vacation.

Good news is the FAA has absolutely no plan besides to start disciplining people for calling in sick, with no recognition that they’re working us so hard that is going to cause some pretty bad burnout. Weeee government work

Running theory out here is FAA has just decided to have us work crippling amounts of OT instead of hiring the appropriate amount of people so that when “Nextgen” and Datacomm actually start working, we won’t be overstaffed.

I’m on pace for 550+ hours of OT this year. Routinely working shifts w 5-6 controllers when we’re supposed to have 10-11. This summer is going to be gnarly when people are on vacation.

Good news is the FAA has absolutely no plan besides to start disciplining people for calling in sick, with no recognition that they’re working us so hard that is going to cause some pretty bad burnout. Weeee government work
you guys need to be "anonymous" sources to the media on this.

Privatization is great makes for cost savings at the detriment of actual service when theres lots of competition when it is a government contract. It makes companies more efficient encourages companies to underbid the competition, who then systematically cut critical services once on contract because they underbid, and can't actually afford to provide the same thing that the govt used to provide themselves.

FTFY

ask me how I know

< loves a good "privatized" military vendor, really didn't enjoy having things like customer service, or having anyone that can actually fix a problem.

Back