Long Airport Security Line Article...

The Atlanta Airport is just puzzling...but the long lines got yet another General Manager fired that really had no responsibility for the TSA snafu. Cue the privatization of security talks, because that will so help...the mayor get more of his friends jobs. ;) I just love the city I call home, sometimes. You have to be really brave to apply for any management positions at ATL Department of Aviation. Like spend the night in an abandoned, haunted sanitarium brave. :tinfoil:
http://airport.blog.ajc.com/2016/05...tizing-airport-security-screening-says-mayor/

The Atlanta Airport is just puzzling...but the long lines got yet another General Manager fired that really had no responsibility for the TSA snafu. Cue the privatization of security talks, because that will so help...the mayor get more of his friends jobs. ;) I just love the city I call home, sometimes. You have to be really brave to apply for any management positions at ATL Department of Aviation. Like spend the night in an abandoned, haunted sanitarium brave. :tinfoil:
http://airport.blog.ajc.com/2016/05...tizing-airport-security-screening-says-mayor/

Bizarre. I was in ATL last week, and while the lines were super-long, I have pre-check, so I was all like, "Suck it, you proletarian stew-meatsicles!"

Then the line for Pre-check got long. So this fluorescent-green-plumaged mother duck gathers us up - and yes, like ducklings, we follow her through the security areas, around a bunch of other passengers, to this far-side TSA checkpoint right in front of where their storage lockers are. And they waltz us through pretty as you please.

Whole experience took at least 7 minutes.

I'd have easily paid for pre-check at 2X the price.

"Suck it, you proletarian stew-meatsicles!"

:bounce: Love it. Why can I never think of clever names like that?!? I think dealing with the long lines of women's restrooms has taught me to never go to the first line I see. Walk a little bit further and magically, those long lines get shorter. Anyway, I have found the TSA at ATL to be some of the nicest people, and truly interested in getting people through the lines, if only people would pay attention. It's not distracted driving...distracted waiting? I am always sure to thank them profusely for putting up with what they do for hours at a time. They deserve better highlighter colors than they get. :D

:bounce: Love it. Why can I never think of clever names like that?!? I think dealing with the long lines of women's restrooms has taught me to never go to the first line I see. Walk a little bit further and magically, those long lines get shorter. Anyway, I have found the TSA at ATL to be some of the nicest people, and truly interested in getting people through the lines, if only people would pay attention. It's not distracted driving...distracted waiting? I am always sure to thank them profusely for putting up with what they do for hours at a time. They deserve better highlighter colors than they get. :D

Here's another tip for traveling through Hartsfield - this one has made my life sooooo much easier....

When you descend into the concourse transportation area for the trains, don't turn right immediately off the escalator to wait for the train. Walk down to the front set of doors at the head of the train. INVARIABLY the crowd for the doors will be half-size and you will not be nearly as crowded.

Here's another tip for traveling through Hartsfield - this one has made my life sooooo much easier....

When you descend into the concourse transportation area for the trains, don't turn right immediately off the escalator to wait for the train. Walk down to the front set of doors at the head of the train. INVARIABLY the crowd for the doors will be half-size and you will not be nearly as crowded.

So true! :)

But, the caveat is that you must arrive on a delayed flight after the plane train stops running, and yet they still send the plane to the furthest gate from baggage claim, so that's right...put on those running shoes and refuel with the Powerade (it is a Coca-Cola product, don't even entertain anything else) before you finally escape the airport.

Then, you can die. Until then, Groundhog Day.

Back